Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Script Inclusion in CallbackPanel Options
Mike Wynn
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2009 8:25:03 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have a set of custom web controls, that register their own javascript when they are used (currently, via the ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptInclude method in the control OnPreRender).

I have a situation where a custom control is to be dynamically created within a callback panel during a callback. I am finding, in this situation, that the javascript include file is not being added to the page.

I have tried addint a script manager control to the page and using the various static methods provided by the ScriptManager class, but this does not seem to work either.

Do EO callback panels differ from ASP.NET update panels in this respect? How can I get my script to be included in a callback?

Regards
Phil
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:56:27 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

ASP.NET ScriptManager is part of ASP.NET AJAX so it works with ASP.NET UpdatePanel. Consequently, calling RegisterClientScriptInclude on ASP.NET ScriptManager affects ASP.NET UpdatePanel, but has no effect on us. We do not have an equivalent of RegisterClientScriptInclude because we also need to support ASP.NET 1.1. So in your case you may want to consider using UpdatePanel.

Thanks!