Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Uploader: Browse button appearance and location Options
ppages
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:14:42 PM
Groups: Member

I would like to hide the input textbox and left-justify or center the browse button. I've been able to hide the textbox by use of cssText, but it still takes up screen space, pushing the browse button to the right.

Also, I would like to know if it's possible to replace the browse button with an image button as opposed to a push-button or link-button.

thanks,

Pete Pages
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:45:48 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

If you would like to completely hide the input textbox, you will need to use it with a ToolBar. Here is an example:

http://demo.essentialobjects.com/Default.aspx?path=AJAXUploader\uploader_toolbar

In your case, you may need to customize the toolbar so that it only has one button and only the button, not the toolbar itself is visible (by clearing toolbar styles). You can find more information about how to customize toolbar here:

http://doc.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?book=1&t=ToolBar%2fcustomize.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

ppages
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:33:47 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks. It w/b nice if the uploader simply allowed you to hook any button on the page, rather than resticting you to buttons in a buttonbar. That said...

I still want more control over the appearance of the menu-button I've chosen to kickoff my browse. For instance, I would like the cursor to change to a hand as part of the HoverStyle, but I've been unable to make this happen - can you tell me how?

I also tried using a custom item, but, even though I liked the custom item with the uploader via the commandName, nothing happened when I clicked the button
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:46:41 PM
Groups: Administration

ppages wrote:
Thanks. It w/b nice if the uploader simply allowed you to hook any button on the page, rather than resticting you to buttons in a buttonbar.

I hear you...I am not sure whether that is possible though. The ToolBar knows about AJAXUploader, so it can "work with" the uploader to accommodate it.

ppages wrote:
I still want more control over the appearance of the menu-button I've chosen to kickoff my browse. For instance, I would like the cursor to change to a hand as part of the HoverStyle, but I've been unable to make this happen - can you tell me how?

You can not do this with a regular file input element. The default cursor is always arrow. Since internally we still rely on a file input element to do the actual upload, we do not explicitly allow you to customize that either. You can do it indirectly with CSS. For example, the following CSS should change the cursor to hand shape:

Code: CSS
input
{
    cursor: hand
}

The biggest problem for this approach is that this changes the cursor for all input elements, not just file input element. Also as far as we know, it does not work on FireFox. FireFox would simply disregard this for file input element.

ppages wrote:
I also tried using a custom item, but, even though I liked the custom item with the uploader via the commandName, nothing happened when I clicked the button

I am not exactly sure what you mean by this. We have verified the following code works:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<eo:AJAXUploader StartToolBarButton="ToolBar1:Test" ....>
</eo:AJAXUploader>
<eo:ToolBar .....>
    <Items>
        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="Test">
            <CustomItem>
             your custom button content here
            </CustomItem>
        </eo:ToolBarItem>
    </Items>
</eo:ToolBar>

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!