Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

DatePicker and Client Side Validation Options
stas
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:40:03 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble with enabling client side validation for the DatePicker control. What happens - I set up a date picker and it works just fine. If I add RequiredFieldValidator with client side validation disabled - no problem, it all works, too. However, if client side validation is enabled (in the RequiredFieldValidator) it becomes impossible to enter a date using a keyboard. It still can be selected using the calendar drop down, but this is not always convenient. Could you please advise a way to solve it? Unfortunately, I have to use client side validation.

I have a small sample solution demonstrating the problem, please let me know if you would like me to send it somewhere. It's just 10Kb ZIP file.

Thanks!
Stas
stas
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:41:24 AM

By "impossible to enter a date using a keyboard" - I mean it's possible to type in the date, but as soon as the control loses focus, it is reset to the previously entered or empty value.
stas
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:45:03 AM

To simplify the things, here's the test solution file: test solution
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:47:30 AM
Groups: Administration

Thanks for posting your question here. We are looking into it and will get back to you as soon as possible.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2007 11:43:25 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have posted an update that addressed this issue. Please see your private messages for download location.

Thanks