Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

SlideMenu - Expanding/Collapsing when using CustomItem Options
ibraheem
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:35:40 PM
Groups: Member

Hi there,

I'm using a SlideMenu where the TopGroup MenuItems have assigned a CustomID. The CustomItems load fine and everything works fine so far as loading is concerned.

It seems that clicking on the CustomItem does not expand/collapse sub-menus? Only the "free" portion of the MenuItem that is not covered by a CustomItem causes an expand/collapse when its clicked.

Also, it seems that when a MenuItem has sub-menus like in this case, if the CustomItem is set to occupy 100% width of the MenuItem, it does not and is squeezed to the left.

So, how can I set a MenuItem to have it's CustomItem occupy 100% width? And, how can I set up the menu in such a way so that the region of a MenuItem covered by a CustomItem (ideally 100% of it) causes an expand/collapse when the client clicks on it?

Many thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:25:41 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

In order to allow user to "click through" the CustomItem, you would set the CustomItem's CancelBubble to false. The default value is true.

I do not believe you can set a CustomItem width to 100% so that it fills the entire menu item. The menu item is not a simple element and unfortunately, CustomItem can only replace the text portion, which is always squeezed to the left. If you wish the CustomItem to occupy the whole space, you can either give the CustomItem a fixed width, or set the CustomItem and the menu item to have the same background, so that even though CustomItem is still squeezed to the left, visually it will look as if it filled the whole menu item.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!