Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Grid edit options restricting certain columns from being edited Options
Chan
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 3:36:35 PM
Groups: Member

When I set the grid to allow row editing is there anyway to restrict the editing to certain columns only?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 3:52:13 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Yes. You would do that by choosing the correct column type. Not all column types support editing. For example, StaticColumn does not support editing and TextBoxColumn does.

Thanks!
Chan
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 4:08:15 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks I did finally find the full Edit mode option and changed the text columns I did not want edited to static columns.

Is there a way to option or which optin will lock down a dateTime column after its been populated from a Database.
To give you an idea of what I want to do. I'm populating the column with dates from a DB the date is determined by the type of task. I initially do not want the user to change this without justification. For example make it editable only when the user clicks the checkbox column and provides a reason in a textbox column. when these conditions are met then I can allow edits datatime column editable in code. I do not want to do this at the template level bc I have another date time column I want to keep editable always.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2009 4:10:56 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I do not think it currently have this feature. In the feature we may add an "AllowEdit" on each column that you can turn on and off (obviously it would have no effect on non-editable columns). For now you can only do that by go back to the server and change your column type. Sorry about that!

Thanks!