Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

SlideMenu and Masterpages Options
KarL
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 11:33:02 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have this problem, im using a slidemenu in a masterpage with the property SaveStateCrossPages set to true and with a declarated cookie, it was working fine till i set in each items property navigateURL an URL, after that the only thing that doesn't work it´s the state of the menu when i click en the items.

Thanks for any help.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 4:59:53 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Which version do you use? We have fixed a similar issue in the past, so you may want to try the latest version first.

Thanks!
KarL
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 5:11:18 PM

Ok, I´ll try with that and I´ll tell you what,

Thanks.
KarL
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:28:27 PM

Hi,

I updated my controls to the latest version, but i still have the problem. I´ll explain it with more details, in my slide menu I have 4 items without any child items inside, when i do click in anyone of them it works and send me to the url that i set in navigateurl property but the item doesn´t look in SelectedStyle, i've been testing the menu and only works fine when the Item has a childItem. Please could you help me with this.

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 3:53:45 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I believe that behavior is by design. The reason that you do not see them as Selected is not because the slide menu is not carrying the state information to the target page. Rather, it is because those items are not selected when clicked ---- you can try this without a NavigateUrl and you will see what I meant. Try to clear the NavigateUrl first, then click a slide menu item without child item, the item will not become selected. This has nothing to do with mater page cross page state.

The easiest way for you to get the correct item to be selected is to set AutoSelectSource to "NavigateUrl". That way you don't even need SaveStateCrossPages. The slide menu will automatically matches the current Url with your item's NavigateUrl and select the matched item.

Thanks!
KarL
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:56:48 PM

Hi,

My problem its solved. The design was good, i did what you told me, i tried removing the url from NavigateUrl and was still the same, the item doesn´t appear as selected. It only works when i set AutoSelectSource to Navigate Url.

Thanks a lot!
KarL
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:59:27 PM

HI,

Im sorry i didn´t put it right, i when i removed the url from NavigateUrl property it works fine and the item was selected. Well now its working fine.

Thanks so much.