Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Big Pages with EO Postback - Slow Options
Jeff Lundgren
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:24:05 PM
Groups: Member

I've got some pages that are 'big'... they have a lot of content, and also have a EO Callback Panel. I know why they are 'slow' because of the call back is invoking the same page entirely. It has obvious advantages that the call back has access to the entire page, but in our case, we don't need the entire page.

What if any solution has this community found to solve this problem... Ideally I'd like a light weight way to do it, so that the call back control doesn't have to pass the entire view state back, and save a lot of bandwidth.

??
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:31:50 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The CallbackPanel has to postback everything in the page because it does not know which part you server side code will want to access. In your case, unfortunately the only effective solution is to divide your page into small pages.

Thanks!
the kid
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:58:06 AM
Groups: Member

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

The CallbackPanel has to postback everything in the page because it does not know which part you server side code will want to access. In your case, unfortunately the only effective solution is to divide your page into small pages.

Thanks!

Hi

Right! I had the same problem and it occured even if I used asp:UpdatePanel. In my case this occured if I made many changes in the grid and triggered callback. Try to call grid.unload() javascript function just before callback (if you dont need to send those changes to the server, of course). This solved the delay problem.