Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Grid Pager not visible when grid fills (or fit to) splitter pane Options
Chris
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 12:21:42 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I am new to this toolkit and am trying to layout our GUI with your controls. I've been able to fit/fill (width:100%; height:100%) my grid into the top splitter pane which as you can see in the code is fit to width:100%; height:100% of the browser window. I have pagesize=50. I want the user to be able to "vertical scroll" through a large "page" at a time AND then click the "next page" button to get to the next 50. (I based this on the splitter sample: "Auto Fill Contents".)

My problem is that when the grid is "fit" to the top splitter pane, the pager no longer is displayed. if you move maximize the browser window AND then move the splitter to the bottom of the browser window, then you can see "parts of the pager - eg, the goto box". It appears that the pager is being drawn but "clipped" past/behind the bottom splitter pane.

Q: How can I modify my grid settings to display the pager below the grid in the top splitter pane as well as keep the "fit to" behavior described above?

Thanks so much in advance!

-chris

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="EO.Web" Namespace="EO.Web" TagPrefix="eo" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<script runat="server">
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

}
</script>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
<title></title>
<style type="text/css">
html
{
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
border: none;
overflow: hidden;
}
body, form
{
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
border: none;
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
font-family: Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif;
font-size: 9pt;
background-color: #ffffff;
overflow: hidden;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div style="width: 100%; height: 100%">
<eo:Splitter ID="Splitter1" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" DividerImage="00080431"
DividerCenterImage="00080432" DividerSize="10" AutoFillWindow="false" ControlSkinID="None"
Height="100%" Width="100%">
<eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane1" runat="server" Height="200px" ScrollBars="None">
<eo:Grid ID="Grid1" ScrollBars="Auto" AllowPaging="True" AllowColumnReorder="True"
Width="100%" Height="100%" ColumnHeaderDescImage="00050105" ColumnHeaderAscImage="00050104"
FixedColumnCount="1" GoToBoxVisible="True" GridLines="Both" GridLineColor="220, 223, 228"
ColumnHeaderDividerImage="00050103" BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="0px" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource111"
KeyField="CustomerID" runat="server" Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" Font-Overline="False"
Font-Strikeout="False" Font-Underline="False" PageSize="30">
<ItemStyles>
<eo:GridItemStyleSet>
<CellStyle CssText="padding-left:8px;padding-top:2px;"></CellStyle>
<FixedColumnCellStyle CssText="border-right: #d6d2c2 1px solid; padding-right: 10px; border-top: #faf9f4 1px solid; border-left: #faf9f4 1px solid; border-bottom: #d6d2c2 1px solid; background-color: #ebeadb; text-align: right">
</FixedColumnCellStyle>
</eo:GridItemStyleSet>
</ItemStyles>
<GoToBoxStyle CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 1px solid; WIDTH: 40px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 1px solid">
</GoToBoxStyle>
<ContentPaneStyle CssText="border-bottom-color:#7f9db9;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-width:1px;border-left-color:#7f9db9;border-left-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-right-color:#7f9db9;border-right-style:solid;border-right-width:1px;border-top-color:#7f9db9;border-top-style:solid;border-top-width:1px;">
</ContentPaneStyle>
<Columns>
<eo:StaticColumn HeaderText="CustomerID" DataField="CustomerID" AllowSort="True"
Width="80">
</eo:StaticColumn>
<eo:StaticColumn HeaderText="CompanyName" DataField="CompanyName" AllowSort="True"
Width="-1">
<eo:StaticColumn HeaderText="ContactName" DataField="ContactName" AllowSort="True"
Width="100">
<eo:StaticColumn HeaderText="ContactTitle" DataField="ContactTitle" AllowSort="True"
Width="100">
</Columns>
<ColumnHeaderStyle CssText="background-image:url('00050101');padding-left:8px;padding-top:3px;">
</ColumnHeaderStyle>
</eo:Grid>
</eo:SplitterPane>
<eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane2" runat="server">
Resize the Window and see the splitter automatically resizes.
</eo:SplitterPane>
</eo:Splitter>
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource111" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:NorthwindConnectionString %>"
SelectCommand="SELECT [CustomerID], [CompanyName], [ContactName], [ContactTitle] FROM [Customers]">
</asp:SqlDataSource>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

eo_support
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 3:11:45 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This is usually caused by some quirks in CSS that relates border and paddings. The easiest way for you to work around this issue is to change your code to base on this sample:

http://demo.essentialobjects.com/Default.aspx?path=Splitter\features\resize_contents

This sample shows you how to resize a control inside the splitter based on the size of the splitter pane. In this particular sample, The tree view is always (16, 46) smaller than the left pane. The actually logic is implemented with JavaScript, so you will always have full control on the final size. The basic flow is you get the size of the pane, then calculate your Grid size based on that, then call the grid's setSize to apply the new size. Note you may need to try a few times to find out the right compensating values.

You can also take a look of this working sample:

http://demo.essentialobjects.com/Demos/File%20Explorer/Features/All%20Features/Demo.aspx

This sample uses the same method to adjust the size of the file list Grid. You can view the page source and search for AdjustFilePaneLayout JavaScript function and you should see all the code there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Chris
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:59:38 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I used the "...resize_contents" sample you mentioned and that did the trick! Thanks again

-chris
eo_support
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:17:54 PM
Groups: Administration

Cool. Glad that it works for you. Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.