Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAX Uploader Crashes in IE6 Options
Nirav
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2007 12:47:01 PM
Groups: Member

I just purchased your components, and am using the AJAX Uploader. Works in IE 7, FireFox 2.0, but it completely crashed in IE 6 (on every machine that has IE 6). I know your demos work in IE 6 so I'm wondering if there is something I might be doing wrong. Anyone else experience the same issue and have a quick fix. I'm sure it in my code/config - just not sure where.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2007 1:21:31 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Nirav,

Can you send us your .aspx page and associated css file so that we can run it in our test environment?

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2007 2:34:30 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Nirav,

We looked into the code you sent to us and it appears that the following .css rules in your pubform.css causes problems:

Code: CSS
div.formcontainer input, div.formcontainer select
{
	/* display:<span class='val'> inline</span>; inline display must not be set or will hide submit buttons in IE 5x mac */
	width:auto;      /* set width of form elements to auto-size, otherwise watch for wrap on resize */
	margin:5px 0 0 10px; /* set margin on left of form elements rather than right of
                              label aligns textarea better in IE */
	color: #000000;
	background-color: #e9e9e9;
}

div.formcontainer input.Long 
{
	/* display:<span class='val'> inline</span>; inline display must not be set or will hide submit buttons in IE 5x mac */
	width:auto;      /* set width of form elements to auto-size, otherwise watch for wrap on resize */
	margin:5px 0 0 10px; /* set margin on left of form elements rather than right of
                              label aligns textarea better in IE */
	color: #015378;
	width: 400px;
}

div.formcontainer input#reset {
	margin-left:0px; /* set margin-left back to zero on reset button (set above) */
}

These rules affect the HTML input element, which is the core UI element of the uploader. You can try to delete those css rules and use TextBoxStyle to set the style of the uploader's file input box:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.AJAXUploader.TextBoxStyle.html

Please let us know whether this works for you.

Thanks