Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Callback and validation Controls Options
Loren Dorez
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:49:55 PM
Groups: Member

OK im using the Callback Panel control to make a Registration Wizard Page. The Callback Panel contains 3 DIVs and only 1 is visible at a time.

1st DIV is a welcome and when the Start Button is clicked it postback and hides itself and show DIV#2
2nd DIV is a TOS and when continue is clicked it postback and hides itself and shows DIV#3

Here the issue
3rd DIV contains a reg. Form with validation controls when the user clicks the submit it still pot to the server and bypasses the validation control. I have narrow this down to the fake its hidden for the inital page load and 2 post backs. If i make it the first DIV and load it during the first Inital load it works fine but now anywhere else from there

Any help is appreciated
Loren Dorez
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 7:40:35 PM
Groups: Member

I apologize i didnt see you guys replied to an old one about this issue. I will try that fix. Any idea why i need to add a custom validator outside the callback?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:44:45 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I believe that is to make sure ASP.NET renders all validator related code to the client before a callback takes place. This is necessary for the callback to "update" validators. It won't be able to "update" if there was nothing at the very first place at all.

Thanks!