Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Progress Bar (Page serves PDF) Options
Versile Johnson
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:43:10 PM
Groups: Member

I'm having difficulty with the progress bar:

I have a blank page that in the Page_Load event generates PDF documents (sometimes in the hundreds of pages). I moved the events into the runtask of the progress bar and added an onload to the body section of the page. This seems to display the progressbar just fine but it stays on 30% (I guess the default) I see the e.UpdateProgress(value?) but don't know what is supposed to be in the value portion...

Additionally, when the PDF get's to render stage it suddenly says it cannot add headers or content type?
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:56:46 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Versile,

The pdf page and the progress bar page has to be two different pages because they have totally different content type. So you need to separate them first. Since it's generating the pdf file that takes time, so I would recommend you to generating it to a temp file first. It's this generating process, not the actually downloading process that moves the progress bar. I am not exactly sure why the PDF suddenly says it can not add headers or content type because I do not know how your pdf writer works. But I am sure if you put it into a temp file first it shoud work.

The value is totally up to you, it has to be set according to MinValue and MaxValue. The default MinValue is 0, and MaxValue is 100. So if you call UpdateProgress(50), that means you are half done.

Please feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks