Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Install/first build issue, TabStrip positioning Options
Bruce
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:08:24 AM
Groups: Member

I am running VS 2005, SP1. I just installed the purchased EO package with no errors.

ISSUE #1
WITHOUT ADDING any EO control to any page, when recompiling my solution I get this error:

Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

How can I resolve this?
One pertinent detail: the WebSite sits on a shared network drive.

ISSUE #2
Also - when I drag the TabStrip to a page, I cannot position it absolutely - it does not allow me to change the positioning attribute. Is there another property I must set to do this?

ISSUE #3
Can the license code be inserted in the Page_Load routine, rather than in the global.asax file?

Thank you...
Code: Visual Basic.NET
Code: Visual Basic.NET
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:35:42 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Bruce,

To answer your question:

#1. It appears that your project is sitting on a remote share. This causes many problems due to permission issues. You can move your project to a local location or grant the remote share full trust. If you Google the exact error message you will find many articles cover this issue;

#2. By default VS 2005 does not let you do that. You need to go to Layout -> Position -> Auto-Position Options to change the positioning options. Note you must have a Web Form open to see the layout menu;

#3. You can do that but its not recommended. The reason is very simple: Say you have two pages, Page1.aspx and Page2.aspx. If you decide to put the code in Page_Load, then you would need to put them in both pages. Otherwise, say you only put it in Page1.aspx but user access Page2.aspx first, then at this point if Page2.aspx uses any of our controls, it will complain that it doesn't have a license. An easier way is for you to put the license file directly on your application's root directory.

Thanks