Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Visual Studio 2008 support Options
UglyDuckling
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:41:24 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I would like to use the AJAXUploader control on a web application that uses .NET 3.5 via Visual Studio 2008 Orcas Beta 2. I understand that this is a beta, but there is really nothing getting in the way of using this control in a VS2008 environment (I've done it with projects targeting .NET 2.0), is there a way to remove the .NET 2.0 restriction on the assembly so that I can freely reference it in a .NET 3.5 project? MS AJAX controls are still too immature to offer the same functionality as I could get from your uploader.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 6:24:31 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Both .NET 3.0 and 3.5 still use CLR 2.0, that's the version number that we care about. So there is actually no restriction that prevent you from referencing our controls in a .NET 3.0/3.5 project.

The current public build still have several compatibility issues with VS 2008, we already have an internal build that addressed most of the issues. Please see your private message for download locations if you would like to take a look.

Thanks
UglyDuckling
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 1:17:53 PM
Groups: Member

Thanks for your quick response and the improved build; referencing the new assembly allowed the toolbox to build correctly and the controls are now visible, thank you.