Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

FileExplorer Options
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:17:27 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I just started using File Explorer. I would like to add a eo:ToolBarItem to go up the file tree. Is that possible?
Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:26:36 AM
Groups: Administration

Unfortunately no. I do not believe that's possible. Sorry about it!
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:32:35 AM

Thank you for your answer.

Maybe you could tell me how I can set RootFolder to my machine's C:\ drive? When I set it to "C:\", I am getting to something which is not MY C folder.

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:43:33 AM

Hi,

You won't be able to directly set it to the root of the dirve. You can do it indirectly though. For example, set it "c:\Windows\..".

That will display "C:\Windows\.." in the TreeView as is. You can change this with a PathMapping object. For example, if you do it like this:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<eo:FileExplorer ....>
    <PathMappings>
        <eo:PathMapping 
            DisplayName="Root" Path="C:\Windows\.." Url="anything" />
    </PathMappings>
    <LayoutTemplate>
    </LayoutTemplate>
</eo:FileExplorer>

The TreeView will display "Root" as the top node.

Thanks!
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:54:19 AM

Thank you very much, it works.
I am facing another problem though. When I select the file I like and click OK, I expected the path to get into the explorer's textbox without submitting the form. But the form IS submitted. Can I avoid this? I want to submit when I am ready to do so.
Also, is it possible for e.g. .xls files to view them with appropriate Excel icons?
Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:58:16 AM

Hi,

I don't think it submits the form when you select a file from the file list. Why do you think the form is submited?

You can also try it out in the demo project with Demos/File Explorer/All Features/Demo.aspx.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:01:37 AM

Dmytro wrote:
Also, is it possible for e.g. .xls files to view them with appropriate Excel icons?

Have you tried it? I think it already does that.
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:02:01 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

I don't think it submits the form when you select a file from the file list. Why do you think the form is submited?

Because e.g. validators on the page immediately report errors I have, and this happens when the page is submitted. This doesn't happen when I select a file using FileUpload control.
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:04:10 AM

eo_support wrote:
Dmytro wrote:

Have you tried it? I think it already does that.

Not for me. Yes, I have tried it. I can see .cs and .aspx files with icons, but not excel files. They have only those generic icons that are used when actual image cannot be displayed.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:04:50 AM

Dmytro wrote:
Because e.g. validators on the page immediately report errors I have, and this happens when the page is submitted. This doesn't happen when I select a file using FileUpload control.

We will need you to provide a test page for that. We are not aware of FileExplorer posting back the form or triggering validators when you select a file. Please make sure the test page only contain the code needed to reproduce the problem and also runs independently.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:07:37 AM

Dmytro wrote:
Not for me. Yes, I have tried it. I can see .cs and .aspx files with icons, but not excel files. They have only those generic icons that are used when actual image cannot be displayed.

Try to take any file and rename it as .xsl and you should see the excel icon shows up. If it does not work for you, we will need to take a look on your machine.

Thanks
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:15:10 AM

eo_support wrote:

We will need you to provide a test page for that. We are not aware of FileExplorer posting back the form or triggering validators when you select a file. Please make sure the test page only contain the code needed to reproduce the problem and also runs independently.

Thanks

That's strange. But here is a simple page with validation.
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<%@ Register assembly="EO.Web" namespace="EO.Web" tagprefix="eo" %>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
        <asp:ValidationSummary ID="ValidationSummary1" runat="server" />
        <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator" ControlToValidate="TextBox2"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>  

<eo:Dialog ID="Dialog1" runat="server" AcceptButton="Button1" 
                    AllowResize="True" CancelButton="Button2" ClientSideOnAccept="dialog_accept" 
                    CloseButtonUrl="00020440" ControlSkinID="None" 
                    HeaderHtml="&lt;div style=&quot;padding-top:5px&quot;&gt;Browse File&lt;/div&gt;" 
                    HeaderImageHeight="27" HeaderImageUrl="00020441" Height="216px" MinHeight="100" 
                    MinWidth="150" Width="320px">
                    <ContentTemplate>
                        <eo:FileExplorer ID="importFileExplorer" runat="server" AllowCreateFolder="True" 
                            AllowDeleteFile="True" AllowDeleteFolder="True" AllowRenameFile="True" 
                            AllowRenameFolder="True" AllowUpload="False" DemoMode="False" 
                            EnableKeyboardNavigation="True" 
                            RootFolder="C:\Windows\..">
                                <PathMappings>
                                    <eo:PathMapping DisplayName="Root" Path="C:\Windows\.." Url="anything" />
                                </PathMappings>
                            <LayoutTemplate>
                                <eo:Splitter ID="LeftSplitter" runat="server" BorderColor="#A0A0A0" 
                                    BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" 
                                    ClientSideOnResized="leftsplitter_resize_handler" ControlSkinID="None" 
                                    DividerCenterImage="00080412" DividerImage="00080411" DividerSize="10" 
                                    Height="320px" Width="700px">
                                    <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane1" runat="server" Height="200px" 
                                        ScrollBars="None" Width="180px">
                                        <eo:ToolBar ID="Toolbar1" runat="server" BackgroundImage="00100103" 
                                            BackgroundImageLeft="00100101" BackgroundImageRight="00100102" 
                                            SeparatorImage="00100104" Width="100%">
                                            <DownStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 2px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 1px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 3px; border-bottom: #335ea8 1px solid; background-color: #99afd4; cursor:hand; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma;" />
                                            <HoverStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 3px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 3px; padding-bottom: 2px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 2px; border-bottom: #335ea8 1px solid; background-color: #c2cfe5; cursor:hand; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma;" />
                                            <NormalStyle CssText="padding-right: 4px; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 3px; border-top-style: none; padding-top: 3px; border-right-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; cursor:hand; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma;" />
                                            <ItemTemplates>
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem Type="Custom">
                                                    <HoverStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                    <DownStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                    <NormalStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                </eo:ToolBarItem>
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem Type="DropDownMenu">
                                                    <HoverStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 3px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 3px; padding-bottom: 2px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 2px; border-bottom: #335ea8 1px solid; background-color: #c2cfe5; cursor:hand; background-image: url(00100106); background-position-x: right;" />
                                                    <DownStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 2px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 2px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 3px; border-bottom: none; background-color:transparent; cursor:hand; background-image: url(00100105); background-position-x: right;" />
                                                    <NormalStyle CssText="padding-right: 4px; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 3px; border-top-style: none; padding-top: 3px; border-right-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; cursor:hand; background-image: url(00100105); background-position-x: right;" />
                                            </ItemTemplates>
                                            <Items>
                                                    <CustomItem>
                                                         Folders:  
                                                    </CustomItem>
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="NewFolder" ImageUrl="00101055" 
                                                    ToolTip="New Folder">
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="RenameFolder" ImageUrl="00101054" 
                                                    ToolTip="Rename Folder">
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="DeleteFolder" ImageUrl="00101061" 
                                                    ToolTip="Delete Folder">
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="Refresh" ImageUrl="00101069" ToolTip="Refresh">
                                            </Items>
                                        </eo:ToolBar>
                                        <eo:TreeView ID="FolderTree" runat="server" ControlSkinID="None" Height="285px" 
                                            style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" 
                                            Width="170">
                                            <LookNodes>
                                                <eo:TreeNode CollapsedImageUrl="00030301" 
                                                    DisabledStyle-CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;color:Gray;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:1px;padding-right:1px;padding-top:1px;" 
                                                    ExpandedImageUrl="00030302" ImageUrl="00030301" ItemID="_Default" 
                                                    NormalStyle-CssText="PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; COLOR: black; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none" 
                                                    SelectedStyle-CssText="background-color:#316ac5;border-bottom-color:#999999;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-width:1px;border-left-color:#999999;border-left-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-right-color:#999999;border-right-style:solid;border-right-width:1px;border-top-color:#999999;border-top-style:solid;border-top-width:1px;color:White;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;">
                                                </eo:TreeNode>
                                            </LookNodes>
                                            <TopGroup Style-CssText="background-color:white;color:black;cursor:hand;font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;">
                                                <Nodes>
                                                </Nodes>
                                            </TopGroup>
                                        </eo:TreeView>
                                    </eo:SplitterPane>
                                    <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane2" runat="server" ScrollBars="None" 
                                        Width="400px">
                                        <eo:Splitter ID="RightSplitter" runat="server" 
                                            ClientSideOnResized="rightsplitter_resize_handler" ControlSkinID="None" 
                                            Height="100%" Width="100%">
                                            <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane3" runat="server" ScrollBars="None">
                                                <eo:Grid ID="FileGrid" runat="server" BackColor="White" 
                                                    ColumnHeaderAscImage="00050204" ColumnHeaderDescImage="00050205" 
                                                    ColumnHeaderDividerImage="00050203" ColumnHeaderHeight="24" 
                                                    FixedColumnCount="0" Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="8.75pt" 
                                                    GridLineColor="240, 240, 240" GridLines="None" Height="294px" ItemHeight="19" 
                                                    Width="320px">
                                                    <ColumnTemplates>
                                                        <eo:TextBoxColumn>
                                                            <TextBoxStyle CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; FONT-SIZE: 8.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma" />
                                                        </eo:TextBoxColumn>
                                                        <eo:DateTimeColumn>
                                                            <DatePicker ControlSkinID="None" DayCellHeight="16" DayCellWidth="19" 
                                                                DayHeaderFormat="FirstLetter" DisabledDates="" OtherMonthDayVisible="True" 
                                                                SelectedDates="" TitleLeftArrowImageUrl="DefaultSubMenuIconRTL" 
                                                                TitleRightArrowImageUrl="DefaultSubMenuIcon">
                                                                <CalendarStyle CssText="background-color: white; border-right: #7f9db9 1px solid; padding-right: 4px; border-top: #7f9db9 1px solid; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 9px; padding-bottom: 4px; border-left: #7f9db9 1px solid; padding-top: 4px; border-bottom: #7f9db9 1px solid; font-family: tahoma" />
                                                                <PickerStyle CssText="border-bottom-color:#7f9db9;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-width:1px;border-left-color:#7f9db9;border-left-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-right-color:#7f9db9;border-right-style:solid;border-right-width:1px;border-top-color:#7f9db9;border-top-style:solid;border-top-width:1px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:8pt;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                                <SelectedDayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; background-color: #fbe694; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <TodayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-right: #bb5503 1px solid; border-top: #bb5503 1px solid; border-left: #bb5503 1px solid; border-bottom: #bb5503 1px solid" />
                                                                <TitleArrowStyle CssText="cursor:hand" />
                                                                <MonthStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; margin-left: 14px; cursor: hand; margin-right: 14px" />
                                                                <DayHoverStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-right: #fbe694 1px solid; border-top: #fbe694 1px solid; border-left: #fbe694 1px solid; border-bottom: #fbe694 1px solid" />
                                                                <DisabledDayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; color: gray; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <DayHeaderStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: #aca899 1px solid" />
                                                                <OtherMonthDayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; color: gray; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <DayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <TitleStyle CssText="background-color:#9ebef5;font-family:Tahoma;font-size:12px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                            </DatePicker>
                                                        </eo:DateTimeColumn>
                                                        <eo:MaskedEditColumn>
                                                            <MaskedEdit ControlSkinID="None" 
                                                                TextBoxStyle-CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 1px solid; font-family:Courier New;font-size:8pt;">
                                                            </MaskedEdit>
                                                        </eo:MaskedEditColumn>
                                                        <eo:CheckBoxColumn>
                                                            <CellStyle CssText="padding-left:8px;padding-top:1px;" />
                                                        </eo:CheckBoxColumn>
                                                    </ColumnTemplates>
                                                    <ItemStyles>
                                                        <eo:GridItemStyleSet>
                                                            <ItemHoverStyle CssText="background-image: url(00050206); background-repeat: repeat-x" />
                                                            <SelectedStyle CssText="background-image: url(00050207); background-repeat: repeat-x" />
                                                            <CellStyle CssText="padding-left:8px;padding-top:2px;cursor:default;white-space:nowrap;" />
                                                            <ItemStyle CssText="background-color: white" />
                                                            <AlternatingItemStyle CssText="background-color: #f4f4f4" />
                                                        </eo:GridItemStyleSet>
                                                    </ItemStyles>
                                                    <ColumnHeaderHoverStyle CssText="background-image:url('00050202');padding-left:8px;padding-top:4px;" />
                                                    <ColumnHeaderStyle CssText="background-image:url('00050201');padding-left:8px;padding-top:4px;" />
                                                    <FooterStyle CssText="padding-bottom:4px;padding-left:4px;padding-right:4px;padding-top:4px;" />
                                                    <Columns>
                                                        <eo:CheckBoxColumn Name="Delete" Width="30">
                                                        <eo:StaticColumn Name="Icon" Width="24">
                                                        </eo:StaticColumn>
                                                        <eo:TextBoxColumn HeaderText="File Name" MinWidth="150" Name="FileName" 
                                                            Width="-1">
                                                        <eo:EditCommandColumn Name="Rename" Width="48">
                                                        </eo:EditCommandColumn>
                                                        <eo:StaticColumn HeaderText="File Size" Name="FileSize" Width="80">
                                                    </Columns>
                                                </eo:Grid>
                                                <div ID="uploader_div" style="display:none; height:55px">
                                                    <eo:AJAXUploader ID="FileUploader" runat="server" 
                                                        AllowedExtension=".gif|.bmp|.png|.jpg|.jpeg|.tif" AutoUpload="True" 
                                                        ClientSideOnCancel="upload_done" ClientSideOnDone="upload_done" 
                                                        ClientSideOnStart="upload_begin" HideDisabledToolBarButton="True" 
                                                        TempFileLocation="~/eo_upload" Width="250px">
                                                        <LayoutTemplate>
                                                            <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
                                                                <tr>
                                                                    <td style="padding-top:5px">
                                                                        <eo:ProgressBar ID="ProgressBar" runat="server" ControlSkinID="Windows_XP">
                                                                        </eo:ProgressBar>
                                                                    </td>
                                                                </tr>
                                                                <tr>
                                                                    <td>
                                                                        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ProgressTextPlaceHolder" runat="server">Progress Text Place 
                                                                            Holder</asp:PlaceHolder>
                                                                    </td>
                                                                </tr>
                                                            </table>
                                                        </LayoutTemplate>
                                                    </eo:AJAXUploader>
                                                </div>
                                                <eo:ToolBar ID="Toolbar2" runat="server" BackgroundImage="00100103" 
                                                    <DownStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 2px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 1px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 3px; border-bottom: #335ea8 1px solid; background-color: #99afd4; cursor:hand; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma;" />
                                                    <HoverStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 3px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 3px; padding-bottom: 2px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 2px; border-bottom: #335ea8 1px solid; background-color: #c2cfe5; cursor:hand; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma;" />
                                                    <NormalStyle CssText="padding-right: 4px; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 3px; border-top-style: none; padding-top: 3px; border-right-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; cursor:hand; FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma;" />
                                                    <ItemTemplates>
                                                            <HoverStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                            <DownStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                            <NormalStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                            <HoverStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 3px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 3px; padding-bottom: 2px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 2px; border-bottom: #335ea8 1px solid; background-color: #c2cfe5; cursor:hand; background-image: url(00100106); background-position-x: right;" />
                                                            <DownStyle CssText="border-right: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-right: 2px; border-top: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 2px; border-left: #335ea8 1px solid; padding-top: 3px; border-bottom: none; background-color:transparent; cursor:hand; background-image: url(00100105); background-position-x: right;" />
                                                            <NormalStyle CssText="padding-right: 4px; padding-left: 4px; padding-bottom: 3px; border-top-style: none; padding-top: 3px; border-right-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; cursor:hand; background-image: url(00100105); background-position-x: right;" />
                                                    </ItemTemplates>
                                                    <Items>
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ThumbnailView" ImageUrl="00101057" 
                                                            Text="Thumbnail View">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="GridView" ImageUrl="00101058" Text="Grid View">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="Upload" ImageUrl="00101056" Text="Upload File">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="CancelUpload" ImageUrl="00101056" 
                                                            Text="Cancel Upload">
                                                    </Items>
                                            <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane4" runat="server" InitialSize="220" 
                                                ScrollBars="None">
                                                <eo:ToolBar ID="Toolbar3" runat="server" BackgroundImage="00100103" 
                                                    <ItemTemplates>
                                                    </ItemTemplates>
                                                    <Items>
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="BestFit" ImageUrl="00101065" ToolTip="Best Fit">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ActualSize" ImageUrl="00101065" 
                                                            ToolTip="Actual Size">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ZoomIn" ImageUrl="00101067" ToolTip="Zoom In">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ZoomOut" ImageUrl="00101068" ToolTip="Zoom Out">
                                                    </Items>
                                                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="PreviewPanel" Runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
                                        </eo:Splitter>
                            </LayoutTemplate>
                        <div style="text-align:right;padding-right:20px;padding-top:10px">
                            <asp:Button ID="Button3" Runat="server" Text="OK" Width="80px" />

<asp:Button ID="Button2" Runat="server" Text="Cancel" Width="80px" />
                        </div>
                    </ContentTemplate>
                    <FooterStyleActive CssText="padding-right: 4px; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 8pt; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-top: 4px; font-family: tahoma" />
                    <HeaderStyleActive CssText="background-image:url(00020442);color:#444444;font-family:'trebuchet ms';font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;padding-bottom:7px;padding-left:8px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;" />
                    <ContentStyleActive CssText="background-color:#f0f0f0;font-family:tahoma;font-size:8pt;padding-bottom:4px;padding-left:4px;padding-right:4px;padding-top:4px" />
                    <BorderImages BottomBorder="00020409,00020429" 
                        BottomLeftCorner="00020408,00020428" BottomRightCorner="00020410,00020430" 
                        LeftBorder="00020406,00020426" RightBorder="00020407,00020427" 
                        TopBorder="00020402,00020422" TopLeftCorner="00020401,00020421" 
                        TopLeftCornerBottom="00020404,00020424" TopRightCorner="00020403,00020423" 
                        TopRightCornerBottom="00020405,00020425" />
                </eo:Dialog>
                <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" Runat="server" Width="300px"></asp:TextBox>
                <input onclick="eo_GetObject('Dialog1').show();" type="button" value="Browse" /></td>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:17:06 AM

eo_support wrote:

Try to take any file and rename it as .xsl and you should see the excel icon shows up. If it does not work for you, we will need to take a look on your machine.

I am not sure why rename a file if it is already .xls...
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:31:02 AM

Hi,

The submitting form problem is normal. It is triggered by your OK button. The button is a standard ASP.NET button and it does what a button does --- triggering a post back. Placing it inside a dialog does not change that behavior.

You can set the dialog's AcceptButton to the ID of your OK button to change this standard behavior (Your AcceptButton is set to "Button1", your OK button's ID is "Button2", so currently they are not associated with each other). Clicking the dialog's AcceptButton will close the dialog and triggers the dialog's ClientSideOnAccept event handler. Inside that handler you can get the currently selected file Url from the FileExplorer and then put it into your textbox. Currently you have ClientSideOnAccept set to "dialog_accept" but the function does not exist in your page.

We do not know why .xsl is not working for you. We will need to take a look on your machine to find out. Let us know when it will be convenient for you. We use GoToMeeting to do remote sessions.

Thanks!
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:53:21 AM

eo_support wrote:

You can set the dialog's AcceptButton to the ID of your OK button to change this standard behavior (Your AcceptButton is set to "Button1", your OK button's ID is "Button2", so currently they are not associated with each other). Clicking the dialog's AcceptButton will close the dialog and triggers the dialog's ClientSideOnAccept event handler. Inside that handler you can get the currently selected file Url from the FileExplorer and then put it into your textbox. Currently you have ClientSideOnAccept set to "dialog_accept" but the function does not exist in your page.

I did all this, but pressing OK still submits my page. Can I avoid submitting it anyhow?
eo_support wrote:

We do not know why .xsl is not working for you. We will need to take a look on your machine to find out. Let us know when it will be convenient for you. We use GoToMeeting to do remote sessions.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to do that.

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:08:51 AM

Hi,

For the first issue (submiting page), you can repost your modified code and we can take a look.

There is nothing we can do about the second issue (.xsl file) because we can not see it happening. Thus we are closing the issue for now.

Thanks!
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:42:17 PM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

For the first issue (submiting page), you can repost your modified code and we can take a look.

Here it is:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<%@ Register assembly="EO.Web" namespace="EO.Web" tagprefix="eo" %>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
	function leftsplitter_resize_handler(splitter)
	{
		var w = splitter.getLeftPane().getWidth();
		var h = splitter.getLeftPane().getHeight();

//Resize the TreeView
		var treeView = eo_GetObject("FolderTree");
		if (treeView)
			treeView.setSize(w - 10, h - 36);
	}

function rightsplitter_resize_handler(splitter)
	{
		AdjustFilePaneLayout();

var w = splitter.getRightPane().getWidth();
		var h = splitter.getRightPane().getHeight();
		h -= 26;

//Resize the Preview Panel
		if ((w > 0) && (h > 0))
			eo_GetObject("FileExplorer1").setPreviewRegionSize(w, h);
	}

function AdjustFilePaneLayout()
	{
		var splitter = eo_GetObject("RightSplitter");
		var uploader = eo_GetObject("FileUploader");

var w = splitter.getLeftPane().getWidth();
		var h = splitter.getLeftPane().getHeight();

h -= 26;
		if (uploader && uploader.isRunning())
			h -= 55;

//Resize the Grid
		var grid = eo_GetObject("FileGrid");
		if (grid)
			grid.setSize(w, h);

//Resize the uploader
		if (uploader)
			uploader.setWidth(w);
	}

function upload_begin()
	{
		//Display the uploader progress bar and progress text
		document.getElementById("uploader_div").style.display = "block";
		AdjustFilePaneLayout();
	}

function upload_done()
	{
		//Hide the uploader progress bar and progress text
		document.getElementById("uploader_div").style.display = "none";
		AdjustFilePaneLayout();
	}

function dialog_accept()
	{
		var textBox = document.getElementById('<%=TextBox1.ClientID%>');
		textBox.value = eo_GetObject("FileExplorer1").getSelectedFile();
	}
</script>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
        <asp:ValidationSummary ID="ValidationSummary1" runat="server" />
        <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator" ControlToValidate="TextBox2"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>  

<eo:Dialog ID="Dialog1" runat="server" AcceptButton="btnOK" 
                    AllowResize="True" CancelButton="Button2" ClientSideOnAccept="dialog_accept" 
                    CloseButtonUrl="00020440" ControlSkinID="None" 
                    HeaderHtml="&lt;div style=&quot;padding-top:5px&quot;&gt;Browse File&lt;/div&gt;" 
                    HeaderImageHeight="27" HeaderImageUrl="00020441" Height="216px" MinHeight="100" 
                    MinWidth="150" Width="320px">
                    <ContentTemplate>
                        <eo:FileExplorer ID="importFileExplorer" runat="server" AllowCreateFolder="True" 
                            AllowDeleteFile="True" AllowDeleteFolder="True" AllowRenameFile="True" 
                            AllowRenameFolder="True" AllowUpload="False" DemoMode="False" 
                            EnableKeyboardNavigation="True" 
                            RootFolder="C:\Windows\..">
                                <PathMappings>
                                    <eo:PathMapping DisplayName="Root" Path="C:\Windows\.." Url="anything" />
                                </PathMappings>
                            <LayoutTemplate>
                                <eo:Splitter ID="LeftSplitter" runat="server" BorderColor="#A0A0A0" 
                                    BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" 
                                    ClientSideOnResized="leftsplitter_resize_handler" ControlSkinID="None" 
                                    Height="320px" Width="700px">
                                    <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane1" runat="server" Height="200px" 
                                        ScrollBars="None" Width="180px">
                                        <eo:ToolBar ID="Toolbar1" runat="server" BackgroundImage="00100103" 
                                            <ItemTemplates>
                                            </ItemTemplates>
                                            <Items>
                                                    <CustomItem>
                                                         Folders:  
                                                    </CustomItem>
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="NewFolder" ImageUrl="00101055" 
                                                    ToolTip="New Folder">
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="RenameFolder" ImageUrl="00101054" 
                                                    ToolTip="Rename Folder">
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="DeleteFolder" ImageUrl="00101061" 
                                                    ToolTip="Delete Folder">
                                                <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="Refresh" ImageUrl="00101069" ToolTip="Refresh">
                                            </Items>
                                        <eo:TreeView ID="FolderTree" runat="server" ControlSkinID="None" Height="285px" 
                                            style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" 
                                            Width="170">
                                            <LookNodes>
                                                <eo:TreeNode CollapsedImageUrl="00030301" 
                                                    DisabledStyle-CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;color:Gray;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:1px;padding-right:1px;padding-top:1px;" 
                                                    ExpandedImageUrl="00030302" ImageUrl="00030301" ItemID="_Default" 
                                                    NormalStyle-CssText="PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; COLOR: black; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none" 
                                                    SelectedStyle-CssText="background-color:#316ac5;border-bottom-color:#999999;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-width:1px;border-left-color:#999999;border-left-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-right-color:#999999;border-right-style:solid;border-right-width:1px;border-top-color:#999999;border-top-style:solid;border-top-width:1px;color:White;padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;">
                                                </eo:TreeNode>
                                            </LookNodes>
                                            <TopGroup Style-CssText="background-color:white;color:black;cursor:hand;font-family:Tahoma;font-size:8pt;">
                                                <Nodes>
                                                </Nodes>
                                            </TopGroup>
                                        </eo:TreeView>
                                    <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane2" runat="server" ScrollBars="None" 
                                        Width="400px">
                                        <eo:Splitter ID="RightSplitter" runat="server" 
                                            ClientSideOnResized="rightsplitter_resize_handler" ControlSkinID="None" 
                                            Height="100%" Width="100%">
                                            <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane3" runat="server" ScrollBars="None">
                                                <eo:Grid ID="FileGrid" runat="server" BackColor="White" 
                                                    ColumnHeaderAscImage="00050204" ColumnHeaderDescImage="00050205" 
                                                    ColumnHeaderDividerImage="00050203" ColumnHeaderHeight="24" 
                                                    FixedColumnCount="0" Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="8.75pt" 
                                                    GridLineColor="240, 240, 240" GridLines="None" Height="294px" ItemHeight="19" 
                                                    Width="320px">
                                                    <ColumnTemplates>
                                                        <eo:TextBoxColumn>
                                                            <TextBoxStyle CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; FONT-SIZE: 8.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma" />
                                                        <eo:DateTimeColumn>
                                                            <DatePicker ControlSkinID="None" DayCellHeight="16" DayCellWidth="19" 
                                                                DayHeaderFormat="FirstLetter" DisabledDates="" OtherMonthDayVisible="True" 
                                                                SelectedDates="" TitleLeftArrowImageUrl="DefaultSubMenuIconRTL" 
                                                                TitleRightArrowImageUrl="DefaultSubMenuIcon">
                                                                <CalendarStyle CssText="background-color: white; border-right: #7f9db9 1px solid; padding-right: 4px; border-top: #7f9db9 1px solid; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 9px; padding-bottom: 4px; border-left: #7f9db9 1px solid; padding-top: 4px; border-bottom: #7f9db9 1px solid; font-family: tahoma" />
                                                                <PickerStyle CssText="border-bottom-color:#7f9db9;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-width:1px;border-left-color:#7f9db9;border-left-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-right-color:#7f9db9;border-right-style:solid;border-right-width:1px;border-top-color:#7f9db9;border-top-style:solid;border-top-width:1px;font-family:Courier New;font-size:8pt;margin-bottom:0px;margin-left:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                                <SelectedDayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; background-color: #fbe694; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <TodayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-right: #bb5503 1px solid; border-top: #bb5503 1px solid; border-left: #bb5503 1px solid; border-bottom: #bb5503 1px solid" />
                                                                <TitleArrowStyle CssText="cursor:hand" />
                                                                <MonthStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; margin-left: 14px; cursor: hand; margin-right: 14px" />
                                                                <DayHoverStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-right: #fbe694 1px solid; border-top: #fbe694 1px solid; border-left: #fbe694 1px solid; border-bottom: #fbe694 1px solid" />
                                                                <DisabledDayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; color: gray; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <DayHeaderStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: #aca899 1px solid" />
                                                                <OtherMonthDayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; color: gray; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <DayStyle CssText="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 12px; border-right: white 1px solid; border-top: white 1px solid; border-left: white 1px solid; border-bottom: white 1px solid" />
                                                                <TitleStyle CssText="background-color:#9ebef5;font-family:Tahoma;font-size:12px;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;padding-top:2px;" />
                                                            </DatePicker>
                                                        </eo:DateTimeColumn>
                                                        <eo:MaskedEditColumn>
                                                            <MaskedEdit ControlSkinID="None" 
                                                                TextBoxStyle-CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; MARGIN: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 1px solid; font-family:Courier New;font-size:8pt;">
                                                            </MaskedEdit>
                                                        </eo:MaskedEditColumn>
                                                        <eo:CheckBoxColumn>
                                                            <CellStyle CssText="padding-left:8px;padding-top:1px;" />
                                                    </ColumnTemplates>
                                                    <ItemStyles>
                                                        <eo:GridItemStyleSet>
                                                            <ItemHoverStyle CssText="background-image: url(00050206); background-repeat: repeat-x" />
                                                            <SelectedStyle CssText="background-image: url(00050207); background-repeat: repeat-x" />
                                                            <CellStyle CssText="padding-left:8px;padding-top:2px;cursor:default;white-space:nowrap;" />
                                                            <ItemStyle CssText="background-color: white" />
                                                            <AlternatingItemStyle CssText="background-color: #f4f4f4" />
                                                        </eo:GridItemStyleSet>
                                                    </ItemStyles>
                                                    <ColumnHeaderHoverStyle CssText="background-image:url('00050202');padding-left:8px;padding-top:4px;" />
                                                    <ColumnHeaderStyle CssText="background-image:url('00050201');padding-left:8px;padding-top:4px;" />
                                                    <FooterStyle CssText="padding-bottom:4px;padding-left:4px;padding-right:4px;padding-top:4px;" />
                                                    <Columns>
                                                        <eo:CheckBoxColumn Name="Delete" Width="30">
                                                        <eo:StaticColumn Name="Icon" Width="24">
                                                        <eo:TextBoxColumn HeaderText="File Name" MinWidth="150" Name="FileName" 
                                                            Width="-1">
                                                        <eo:EditCommandColumn Name="Rename" Width="48">
                                                        </eo:EditCommandColumn>
                                                        <eo:StaticColumn HeaderText="File Size" Name="FileSize" Width="80">
                                                    </Columns>
                                                </eo:Grid>
                                                <div ID="uploader_div" style="display:none; height:55px">
                                                    <eo:AJAXUploader ID="FileUploader" runat="server" 
                                                        AllowedExtension=".gif|.bmp|.png|.jpg|.jpeg|.tif" AutoUpload="True" 
                                                        ClientSideOnCancel="upload_done" ClientSideOnDone="upload_done" 
                                                        ClientSideOnStart="upload_begin" HideDisabledToolBarButton="True" 
                                                        TempFileLocation="~/eo_upload" Width="250px">
                                                        <LayoutTemplate>
                                                            <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
                                                                <tr>
                                                                    <td style="padding-top:5px">
                                                                        <eo:ProgressBar ID="ProgressBar" runat="server" ControlSkinID="Windows_XP">
                                                                        </eo:ProgressBar>
                                                                    </td>
                                                                </tr>
                                                                <tr>
                                                                    <td>
                                                                        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ProgressTextPlaceHolder" runat="server">Progress Text Place 
                                                                            Holder</asp:PlaceHolder>
                                                                    </td>
                                                                </tr>
                                                            </table>
                                                        </LayoutTemplate>
                                                    </eo:AJAXUploader>
                                                </div>
                                                <eo:ToolBar ID="Toolbar2" runat="server" BackgroundImage="00100103" 
                                                    <ItemTemplates>
                                                    </ItemTemplates>
                                                    <Items>
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ThumbnailView" ImageUrl="00101057" 
                                                            Text="Thumbnail View">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="GridView" ImageUrl="00101058" Text="Grid View">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="Upload" ImageUrl="00101056" Text="Upload File">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="CancelUpload" ImageUrl="00101056" 
                                                            Text="Cancel Upload">
                                                    </Items>
                                            <eo:SplitterPane ID="SplitterPane4" runat="server" InitialSize="220" 
                                                ScrollBars="None">
                                                <eo:ToolBar ID="Toolbar3" runat="server" BackgroundImage="00100103" 
                                                    <ItemTemplates>
                                                    </ItemTemplates>
                                                    <Items>
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="BestFit" ImageUrl="00101065" ToolTip="Best Fit">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ActualSize" ImageUrl="00101065" 
                                                            ToolTip="Actual Size">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ZoomIn" ImageUrl="00101067" ToolTip="Zoom In">
                                                        <eo:ToolBarItem CommandName="ZoomOut" ImageUrl="00101068" ToolTip="Zoom Out">
                                                    </Items>
                                                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="PreviewPanel" Runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
                            </LayoutTemplate>
                        <div style="text-align:right;padding-right:20px;padding-top:10px">
                            <asp:Button ID="btnOK" Runat="server" Text="OK" Width="80px" />

<asp:Button ID="Button2" Runat="server" Text="Cancel" Width="80px" />
                        </div>
                    </ContentTemplate>
                    <FooterStyleActive CssText="padding-right: 4px; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 8pt; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-top: 4px; font-family: tahoma" />
                    <HeaderStyleActive CssText="background-image:url(00020442);color:#444444;font-family:'trebuchet ms';font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;padding-bottom:7px;padding-left:8px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;" />
                    <ContentStyleActive CssText="background-color:#f0f0f0;font-family:tahoma;font-size:8pt;padding-bottom:4px;padding-left:4px;padding-right:4px;padding-top:4px" />
                    <BorderImages BottomBorder="00020409,00020429" 
                        BottomLeftCorner="00020408,00020428" BottomRightCorner="00020410,00020430" 
                        LeftBorder="00020406,00020426" RightBorder="00020407,00020427" 
                        TopBorder="00020402,00020422" TopLeftCorner="00020401,00020421" 
                        TopLeftCornerBottom="00020404,00020424" TopRightCorner="00020403,00020423" 
                        TopRightCornerBottom="00020405,00020425" />
                </eo:Dialog>
                <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" Runat="server" Width="300px"></asp:TextBox>
                <input onclick="eo_GetObject('Dialog1').show();" type="button" value="Browse" />
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

There is another problem, but I will tell about it after we solve this one.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:58:29 PM

Hi,

Your new code looks fine except that you need to replace all eo_GetObject("FileExplorer1") with eo_GetObject("importFileExplorer").

Thanks!
Dmytro
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:04:50 PM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

Your new code looks fine except that you need to replace all eo_GetObject("FileExplorer1") with eo_GetObject("importFileExplorer").

Yes, but how can I prevent the OK button from submitting the page? This is the problem now.
Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:13:01 PM

Dmytro wrote:
Yes, but how can I prevent the OK button from submitting the page? This is the problem now.
Thanks.

We have a different problem here. :) Our problem is we don't see your problem at all. We copied your code, replace "FileExplorer1" with "importFileExplorer", run it, then click Browse button, then select any file in the Grid (for example, "IO.sys"), then click "OK", the dialog closes and the text box shows "anything/IO.sys".

It makes sense for your original code to submit the page. It does not make sense at all for your new code to submit the page. So I guess we have reached the dead end on this one again unless you can show the problem for us.

Thanks