Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO_Web.licx keeps getting overwritten to previous version number Options
Suzanne
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2007 7:31:45 AM
Groups: Member

I'm using version 4.0 and it's reflected in my EO_Web.licx file. When that file is checked in according to SourceSafe and I try to run my program, I receive an error that says:

"An editor or project is attempting to check out a file that is modified in memory, which will result in saving it. Saving files during the build process is dangerous and can result in incorrect build outputs in future. Do you want to continue with the check out?"

If I Cancel out of that message, another message appears that says:

"The command that you are attempting cannot be completed because the file 'EO_Web.licx' that must be modified cannot be changed. If the file is under source control, you may want to check it out; if the file is read-only on disk, you may want to change its attributes."

If EO_Web.licx is checked out according to SourceSafe and I try to run my program, I receive a message that says:

"C:\inetput\wwwroot\MyProject\bin\EO_Web.licx

This file has been modified outside the source editor. Do you want to reload it?"

If I say "Yes", my EO_Web.licx file changes from version 4.0 to version 3.0.

Any ideas why this is happening?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2007 7:36:21 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Suzanne,

The best way is to keep eo_web.licx outside of SourceSafe because Visual Studio ununcessary try to overwrite eo_web.licx all the time. Another option for you is to move it from your bin folder to the app's root folder (one level up), that way Visual Studio won't try to overwrite it.

Thanks