Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Bug IE 6 TabStrip and Panel Grouping text and AjaxUploader Options
Mick
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 5:40:46 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

there is a bug with GroupingText of the Panel and IE6

Sample :

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="test.aspx.vb" Inherits="user_test" StylesheetTheme="Default"%>

<%@ Register Assembly="EO.Web" Namespace="EO.Web" TagPrefix="eo" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<title>Page sans titre</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<eo:TabStrip ID="TabStrip1" runat="server" ControlSkinID="None" MultiPageID="MultiPage1">
<TopGroup>
<Items>
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Themes">
</eo:TabItem>
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Desktop">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Screen Saver">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Appearance">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Settings">
</Items>
</TopGroup>
<LookItems>
<eo:TabItem Height="21" HoverStyle-CssText="position: relative; top: 2px; background-image: url(00010002); background-repeat: repeat-x"
ItemID="_Default" LeftIcon-HoverUrl="00010006" LeftIcon-SelectedUrl="00010008"
LeftIcon-Url="00010004" NormalStyle-CssText="position: relative; top: 2px; background-image: url(00010001); background-repeat: repeat-x"
RightIcon-HoverUrl="00010007" RightIcon-SelectedUrl="00010009" RightIcon-Url="00010005"
SelectedStyle-CssText="background-image: url(00010003); background-repeat: repeat-x"
Text-Padding-Bottom="2" Text-Padding-Top="1">
<SubGroup ItemSpacing="1" Style-CssText="background-image:url(00010000);background-position-y:bottom;background-repeat:repeat-x;color:black;cursor:hand;font-family:'Microsoft Sans Serif', Verdana;font-size:8.25pt;">
</SubGroup>
</LookItems>
</eo:TabStrip>

</div>
<eo:MultiPage ID="MultiPage1" runat="server" Height="180px" Width="100%">
<eo:PageView ID="PageView1" runat="server" Width="100%">
</eo:PageView>
<eo:PageView ID="PageView2" runat="server" Width="100%">
<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" GroupingText="test" Height="50px" Width="125px">
<eo:AJAXUploader ID="AJAXUploader1" runat="server" TempFileLocation="/" Width="250px">
</eo:AJAXUploader>
</asp:Panel>
</eo:PageView>
</eo:MultiPage>
</form>
</body>
</html>

With GroupingText CPU 100%
Not GroupingText CPU OK
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 7:38:13 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We tried it and it works fine here. I am guessing it might actually be caused by some plug-ins (for instance, to provide "auto fill" features). We never care about GroupText. In fact if it was our JavaScript taking up the CPU, IE would display a message box showing a warning message like this: "Script in this page is slow. Do you want to terminate it?".

Thus I would recommend you to try it on another machine and see if it works fine. If you can find one machine that works fine, then it might be easy to identify the trigger.

Thanks
Mick
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:23:36 AM

Thank you for your quick answe

I made the test fact several computer with different version on Internet Explorer 6 (6.0.2900.2180 and 6.0.2800.1106)
and I have the same problem of blockage of the navigator and I have no message box showing a warning message Think .
I do not use a plugin.
I have this error with script above without modification.

Sorry for my poor English Angel
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:27:14 AM

Did you try a Windows 2003 or Windows XP?
Mick
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:33:28 AM

2 clean XP Pro for tests with IE 6
with Internet explore 7 on another machine no problem.

It is an error really strange !
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:57:09 AM

Yes. Both are IE 6. But they are actually different builds (6.0.2800.1106 is on 2000, I believe). XP and 2003 have slighlty different version numbers. IE 6 on 2003 and XP seems to be much more reliable because Microsoft keeps fixing problems on them, where IE 6 for 2000 is pretty much abandoned because MS is trying to end the life cycle for 2000.

This definitely looks like a browser bug. It's unlikely that it will be fixed by MS. We will see if we can find a workaround (but obviously there is no guarantee). In the mean time you may want to try to remove the DOCTYPE section it that IE fall back to its old mode and see if that works.
Mick
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:21:20 AM

I have delete the doctype and I always have error.
For information the error execute only if have clic on Tab n°2 or it has the object AjaxUploader therefore he has an reaction definitely with javascript
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:28:49 AM

Mick wrote:
I have delete the doctype and I always have error.
For information the error execute only if have clic on Tab n°2 or it has the object AjaxUploader therefore he has an reaction definitely with javascript

What the JavaScript does is to show/hide the DHTML elements. When the JavaScript is done IE will see a new element has been turned on, so it kicks in to paint it or update whatever other internal data structure to be updated. And that's where it gets stuck. As I mentioned before, if it was stuck in JavaScript code, IE would display a message telling you that. When it stuck without telling you anything, it's a browser bug.

Your other alternative would be using a background image for the border line and caption text. That should give you the same result.

Thanks
Mick
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:42:17 AM

ok
I made make a presentation without use of GroupingText.
Thank you for information, bye.