Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

DataView menu Options
Paul Creedy
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 2:52:06 AM
Groups: Member

I'm looking for a control that does the following to a standard data grid view.

I want to be able for each row on the dataview, place a button or hyperlink that when clicked gives a pop up menu. The links in the pop up menu will be the same for each row, however the passing paramemter will be the record/row selected and the button pressed.

eg.

On a row in a dataview a use clicks the new link
They get a pop up for that row of EDIT, DELETE, CANCEL, DENY etc (each on separate row in the pop up, the developer to specify the actual options).
If a use click on any of those links the button pressed and an argument indicating the row selected or even pass a specified field value from that row is sent back to the server for processing.

The reason I need this is because the row in my dataview is quite full and the screen width cannot accommodate the number of buttons/links that I need horizontally.

eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 7:43:13 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Paul,

You don't need a new control for that. We have an example using our ContextMenu that way:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Menu\menu_programming\_i2\grid_context_menu

Thanks
Paul Creedy
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 7:49:16 AM

That's exactly what I need :-) How do I use it?

Can you point me where I find how to use it as I don't see that control in the EO.Web help file?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 7:51:33 AM

Hi Paul,

It's the context menu control --- that's just one way to use it. The control and the sample has always been there. Just open up the sample source code and you will see everything there.

Thanks
Paul Creedy
Posted: Friday, November 2, 2007 7:15:48 AM

I can't get this to work with master pages.

I can't put the script on the content page as it doesn't like it, and I can put the content menu on the content page because the master page can't find it. That wouldn't be ideal anyhow as it needs to be independent of the master page.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 2, 2007 7:27:50 AM

Paul Creedy wrote:
I can't get this to work with master pages.

I can't put the script on the content page as it doesn't like it, and I can put the content menu on the content page because the master page can't find it. That wouldn't be ideal anyhow as it needs to be independent of the master page.

That would not be an issue of the control. :) Master page and content page along with JavaScript might just be one of those things that you need to deal with as a developer. There aren't really much of a guideline/rules on that. It's just plain programming.
Paul Creedy
Posted: Friday, November 2, 2007 8:10:30 AM

I don't think it's the control, I was just hoping for someone to give an example of using it with master/content pages.