Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Menu appearing very slowly Options
Rob Farley
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:23:59 PM
Groups: Member

I have just posted a project to our production server and the menu takes up to 5 minutes to appear. It works fine on the development server. Any suggestions?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:06:22 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Rob,

That does not seem to be a menu problem. It looks more like a database problem. It's very common when you move the server, the database connection becomes significantly slower.

Thanks
Rob Farley
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:13:41 PM
Groups: Member

I am quite possitive that it is not a db error. Essentially, the db that I am using has been in production for several years and worked without any problems. Once the menu finally shows up I can perform db operations without any issues. I am supposed to go live with this site tomorrow morning and I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:43:33 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Rob,

I do not believe that the menu can perform so dramatically differently just because it has been moved from one server to another. The only thing that can cause such a big difference would be things outside of the box, which usually is the database.

You may want to create a blank test page, put a static menu in and see how it performs. Whether that works or not should give us some pointers as for where to look.

Thanks