Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Uploader v. 4.0.34.2: Can not upload files that are > 2GB Options
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:29:49 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I am using visual studio 2005, and the .net 2.0 vb sample.

Tried the Uploader using "Max Upload Data Size" demo. Worked perfect. Changed the Maxdatasize to something bigger. Worked with bigger files. Changed Maxdatasize to 0 (which should remove any limitation?), but can only upload smaller files. 700 MB is fine but not anything above 2GB.

When I click the "Upload" button it goes "grey" (disabled, as it should) and within a second or so the page is re-loaded with a script error
Line: 7
Character: 14841
Error: 'firstChild' is null or not an object
Code: 0
Url-address: http://localhost:1067/VB/

Hope you can help,

Jim
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:38:17 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting your question here. 2GB is not a small file. :) Can you do the following to find out what error has occured:

1. Run the project in VS 2005, until the demo is loaded, browse the file, but do not hit upload;
2. Go to VS 2005 -> Debug -> Exceptions, check the check box next to "Common Language Runtime Exception", click OK;
3. Click upload button;

See if you can catch any exception on the server side. If you do, please post the exception error message and stack trace. That will be very helpful for us to locate the error.

Thanks

Jim
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:14:19 AM

Hi eo_support,
and thx for the speedy reply.

My task is to transfer files up to 10GB, and most of the other upload controls has a limit of 2 or 5 GB, so I was pleasently surprised when reading the docs on Ajax Uploader.

1,2,3 done. I do not get any errors. No error dialog box pops up. I did Debug -> Windows -> Output, but no messages there either. When I start the application I get (got) a message saying "script debuggin is disabled...." so I enabled it, and this time, instead of the warning icon in IE, I was sent to Visual Studio in eo_web.ashx with this content:
<%@ WebHandler Class="EO.Web.Runtime" %>
and nothing more.

I do Debug -> Windows -> Call stack and get this:
> _eofup_ap JScript
_eofup_v JScript
_eofup_t JScript
JScript anonymous function JScript

I am using IE v. 7.0.5730.11

Jim
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:28:28 AM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the addtional information. It appears to be a bug. We will look into it and update the forum once we find anything.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:08:09 AM

Hi Jim,

We looked into the issue and it appears to be a browser problem. We traced network traffic while trying to upload a 2.5G file and noticed IE reported the content length as a negative number to the server. As such it appears that there is simply no way to upload files bigger than 2G with IE.

Thanks
Jim
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2007 5:18:46 AM

Hi eo_support,

Even if the control (or the documentation turned out to be a disappointment), the support here was first rate though.
I will investigate some of the other uploads controls.

Thanks