Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

resizing of callbackpanel gives problems with overlay effects of other controls Options
Sens
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:52:41 AM
Groups: Member

I have an issue with the postback panel. When it's activated, it pops above all my other iframes. Now I also use your cool menu component with the cross frame effect. When the postback panel is built up it slides on top of the menu overlay effects. So users can't go to the sub menus.
Frameset structure is:
<tr><td><iframe>menu component with cross frame effect</iframe></td></tr>
<tr><td><iframe>menu component | postbackcomponent</iframe></td></tr>
After 2 days of searching I found the cause. When I put the Height=4000px in the callbackpanel the issue was solved. Of course it looks not professional having a scrollbar on the right for nothing. Is this a bug you know of? What solution can you suggest.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:21:45 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Sens,

I am not sure if we have a solution for this one. Unlike other controls that primarily deals with DHTML, almost all the magic the CallbackPanel does is related to the AJAX call itself, it doesn't really deal with DHTML too much. The most important one it uses is to set the pannel's innerHTML. So I would recommend you to try to use a small JavaScript code segment to similar such a call and see if the same problem occurs.

Thanks