Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

How to distinguish between then Clientsiderowselection v/s Context Menu when grid is in client side running true not server side Options
Nrd
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 11:50:29 PM
Groups: Member

Hi
Here i want to show some records on the page from grid when i Left click on grid row and Right Click Context menu selection. Now my grid is running client side mode so that i call java script when i row select and Right click on grid row i again call ContextMenu stuff from Java script. but all the time both function (4 row selection and context menu ) call for row hower on mouse event.. What should i do can any one help me

NRD
Software Engineer
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:41:09 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The Grid only triggers the event. If you click an item, it will trigger ClientSideOnItemClick event. The context menu triggers event on the ContextMenu control. It has nothing to do with the Grid.

If you see any event is wrongly triggered (which is unlikely), please create a test page and clearly explain which event you are expecting and why you believe the Grid is not triggering it correctly.

Once it enters your code, you will need to debug it yourself.

Thanks!
Nrd
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:52:51 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

The Grid only triggers the event. If you click an item, it will trigger ClientSideOnItemClick event. The context menu triggers event on the ContextMenu control. It has nothing to do with the Grid.

If you see any event is wrongly triggered (which is unlikely), please create a test page and clearly explain which event you are expecting and why you believe the Grid is not triggering it correctly.

Once it enters your code, you will need to debug it yourself.

Thanks!

Hi I have structure Like this
<eo:CallbackPanel runat="server" ID="CallbackPanelSelectedRow" AutoDisableContents="True"
BorderWidth="0" GroupName="XYZ" ClientSideOnError="CBP_error_handler">

<eo:Grid runat="server" ID="GridLandOwners" BorderColor="#828790" BorderWidth="0px"
GridLines="Both" FixedColumnCount="0" ColumnHeaderDescImage="00050205" GridLineColor="240, 240, 240"
ColumnHeaderAscImage="00050204" ColumnHeaderHeight="20" Font-Size="10pt" Font-Names="Tahoma"
EnableTheming="true" EnableKeyboardNavigation="True" Height="150" ScrollBars="both"
FullRowMode="true" AllowColumnReorder="False" ItemHeight="22" IsCallbackByMe="False"
ClientSideOnItemSelected="Selectgridrows" RunningMode="client" ColumnHeaderDividerImage="00050103"
ClientSideOnContextMenu="ShowContextMenuLO">

<Columns>
<eo:RowNumberColumn AllowResize="False" AllowSort="True" HeaderText="" Width="20"
DataField="">
</eo:RowNumberColumn>
<eo:StaticColumn AllowResize="False" AllowSort="True" HeaderText="ID" Width="0" DataField="ID">
</eo:StaticColumn>
<eo:StaticColumn AllowResize="False" AllowSort="True" HeaderText="RECORD TYPE" Width="0"
DataField="Record_Type">
</eo:StaticColumn>

-
-
-
-
-

</eo:Grid>
</eo:CallbackPanel>

function Selectgridrows(e,grid,item,cell)
{

eo_Callback('CallbackPanelSelectedRow', "View Contact" );

}

Function ForContextMenu()
{
Code to show context Menu
_____
____
}

NRD
Software Engineer
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:55:39 AM

Hi,

Your code looks fine to us. Please explain which part is not working correctly.

Thanks!
Nrd
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:14:07 AM

eo_support wrote:
Hi,

Your code looks fine to us. Please explain which part is not working correctly.

Thanks!

All the parts are working... But the issue is when i Right click then row is getting select then ClientSideOnItemSelected="Selectgridrows" called itself and I Left Click on the Row then i work fine ,,
How do I stop ClientSideOnItemSelected="Selectgridrows" calling on Right click (While showig Context Menu)..

NRD
Software Engineer
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:23:16 AM

OK. So the problem you are stating is:

When you right click a Grid item, ClientSideOnItemSelected is fired.

We verified the event is NOT fired when you right click an item. If you believe it works different for you, create a test page and demonstrate that.

You need to understand that we do not debug your project for you. So you have to clearly identify which part is causing problem for you and provide a test page to demonstrate that problem first. We will answer questions like "this is not working for me, why?", "how do I implement this?". We support our product. We do not work on your project.

Thanks