Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAXUploader not functioning when hosted cotrol Options
Mike Wynn
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:12:03 AM
Groups: Member

I am using an AJAXUploader control as a custom item within a slider menu. I am finding that when the uploader is hosted in this way, clicking the browser button does not bring up the file selection dialog.

Another problem I am having is that any styles that I set the slider menu top group using NormalStyle-CssClass are being superceeded by the general TABLE styles in the application style sheet.

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:45:57 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We will look into the first issue and see what we can do with it.

As for the second one, it is working as expected. The general TABLE style supposes to apply on any TABLEs. Since we use TABLE internally, so there is no escape on that. The easiest solution would be modifying the general TABLE style and narrow the scope of the rule. Usually this can be done by changing the type selector to a more specific selector, such as an ID selector or a composite selector with more than one selecting criteria. You can find detailed information on selectors at here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html

Thanks
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:50:12 AM

Hi, thanks for the response.

Just to let you know that the second issue seems to be IE related. Works fine on Firefox and Opera.

Regards.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:23:39 AM

Hi,

That might be normal. IE handles table differently than other browsers in quirk mode. In IE, in IE, style settings stops on a TABLE element. For example:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<div style="color:red">
    <table>
        <tr>
            <td>this text won't be red in IE</td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</div>

I am not sure how this leads to the final problem but this causes a significant difference between IE and other browsers when it comes to TABLE. The easiest way is to switch the page into standard compliant mode.

In any case, adjusting global style rules is almost always the easiest solution.

Thanks

PhilW wrote:
Hi, thanks for the response.

Just to let you know that the second issue seems to be IE related. Works fine on Firefox and Opera.

Regards.
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:00:32 AM

Ahh... thanks for the info. My mistake, but I was actually referring to the first issue of my post to do with nesting an AJAXUploader in a slide menu. Sorry for the confusion. Any info on that yet?

Regards
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:07:06 AM

Hi,

We looked into the first issue and it does work at here. So there must be something different between your code and ours. If you can post your code, we would be happy to take a look and see what we can find.

Thanks
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:11:44 AM

Page code below...

Works fine in Firefox, but browse button is not hooked up in IE7

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Codebehind="WebForm3.aspx.cs" Inherits="BulkUploadPOC2.WebForm3" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="EO.Web" Namespace="EO.Web" TagPrefix="eo" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<eo:SlideMenu ID="workspaceSlideMenu" runat="server" Width="100%" ControlSkinID="None"
SingleExpand="False" SlidePaneHeight="50">
<TopGroup>
<Items>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Upload_File" Text-Html="Upload File">
<SubMenu>
<Items>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Upload_File_Content" CustomItemID="Upload_File_CustomItem">
<CustomItem>
<eo:AJAXUploader runat="server" ID="AJAXUploader1" Width="400px" TempFileLocation="~/eo_upload"
MaxDataSize="30000">
</eo:AJAXUploader>
</CustomItem>
</eo:MenuItem>
</Items>
</SubMenu>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Parse_File" Text-Html="Parse File">
</Items>
</TopGroup>
</eo:SlideMenu>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:21:54 AM

Hi,

The problem is caused by the width of the slide menu. Try give it the same width as the uploader (400px) and it should work.

Thanks
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:33:24 AM

Tried this, and it hasn't worked, I'm afraid. Modified code below...

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Codebehind="WebForm3.aspx.cs" Inherits="BulkUploadPOC2.WebForm3" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<div>
<eo:SlideMenu ID="workspaceSlideMenu" runat="server" Width="500px" ControlSkinID="None"
<TopGroup>
<Items>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Upload_File" Text-Html="Upload File">
<SubMenu>
<Items>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Upload_File_Content" CustomItemID="Upload_File_CustomItem">
<CustomItem>
<eo:AJAXUploader runat="server" ID="AJAXUploader1" Width="500px" TempFileLocation="~/eo_upload"
MaxDataSize="30000">
</CustomItem>
</Items>
</SubMenu>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Parse_File" Text-Html="Parse File">
</Items>
</TopGroup>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:42:46 AM

Hi,

Sorry about that! I was trying it without !DOCTYPE. And that appears to be the only solution that works. Would it be a problem for you to remove the DOCTYPE directive?

Thanks
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:47:55 AM

I have tied that. I fixes the problem mentioned, but causes rendering problems. The text box and browse button of the old file upload control get rendered on top of the ajax ones. A page refresh sometimes fixes this, but then it will appear again after another page refresh. I would include a screen print of this, but not sure how...

Regards
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:50:26 AM

... although that may have been when I had different widths set
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:22:21 AM

That could be. I tried it with the same width value and it works without !DOCTYPE.

PhilW wrote:
... although that may have been when I had different widths set
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:43:03 AM

No, the width setting doen't seem to make a difference. The following link shows a screen print of the problem I am talking about (I have exagerated the size of the browse button to better demonstrate the issue)

Screen print

The page code is as follows. Note that the problem does not always occur, but will always appear after a couple of page refreshes...

<html>
<head runat="server">
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<div>
<eo:SlideMenu ID="workspaceSlideMenu" runat="server" Width="400px" ControlSkinID="None"
<TopGroup>
<Items>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Upload_File" Text-Html="Upload File" NormalStyle-CssText="background-color:#3b3b3b;color:Lavender;padding-left:5px;font-weight:bold;font-size:15px; ">
<SubMenu>
<Items>
<CustomItem>
<eo:AJAXUploader runat="server" ID="AJAXUploader1" Width="400px" TempFileLocation="~/eo_upload"
MaxDataSize="30000">
<BrowseButtonStyle CssText="WIDTH: 200px; HEIGHT: 50px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e9f2f8"></BrowseButtonStyle>
</CustomItem>
</Items>
</SubMenu>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="Parse_File" Text-Html="Parse File" NormalStyle-CssText="background-color:#3b3b3b;color:Lavender;padding-left:5px;font-weight:bold;font-size:15px; ">
</Items>
</TopGroup>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:23:26 AM

Hi,

We tried the same code and noticed that it's very sensitive --- sometimes it does work and sometimes it does not. So we will look into that and see what we can do.

You won't really be able to change the size of the browser button. You can change it's appearance, but it must remain the same size of the original button --- that is not the problem in this case, though.

Thanks
Mike Wynn
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 1:38:10 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if any progress has been made on this issue. I need to find a solution to this in my code shortly.

Regards.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 5:23:00 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately there hasn't been any yet. It's obviously a browser bug but we haven't found any way to work around it.

Thanks
Nisse
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:47:11 AM

I have sort of the same problem (the normal browse button is visible in IE, but not in Firefox)

I use this code

<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
<table border="1"><tr><td>
<eo:AJAXUploader runat="server" id="AJAXUploader1" Width="520px" TempFileLocation="~/eo_upload" MaxDataSize="30000">
	<LayoutTemplate>
		<TABLE cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="2" width="520" border="0">
			<TR>
				<TD colSpan="3">
					<asp:PlaceHolder id="PostedFilesPlaceHolder" runat="server">Posted Files Place Holder </asp:PlaceHolder>
					<asp:Button id="DeleteButton" runat="server" Text="Delete Selected Files"></asp:Button>
					<p> </p>
				</TD>
			</TR>
			<TR>
				<TD width="99%">
					<asp:PlaceHolder id="InputPlaceHolder" runat="server">Input Box Place Holder</asp:PlaceHolder>
				</TD>
				<TD>
					<asp:Button id="UploadButton" runat="server" Text="Upload"></asp:Button>
				</TD>
				<TD>
					<eo:ProgressBar id="ProgressBar" runat="server" ControlSkinID="None" Height="18px" Width="150px" BorderColor="#336699" 
 BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" IndicatorColor="151, 198, 232"></eo:ProgressBar>
				</TD>
			</TR>
		</TABLE>
	</LayoutTemplate>
</td></tr>
</table>

Is it any way I can use tables and AJAXUploader at the same time?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:59:05 AM

Hi Nisse,

Check your .css files. Table alone should not cause the problem. In fact we use table in our demo as well.

Thanks
Nisse
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:23:58 AM

I am not using any css-files at the moment.
This is another page (compete source) that shows the problem
<%@ Register TagPrefix="eo" Namespace="EO.Web" Assembly="EO.Web" %>
<HTML><body><form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
<table><tr><td>
<eo:AJAXUploader runat="server" id="AJAXUploader1" TempFileLocation="~/eo_upload" />
</td></tr></table></form></body></HTML>

I know that you can have tables inside the LayoutTemplate-tag. But I want to have tables outside the <eo:AJAXUploader> tags.