Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Rotate Existing PDF Options
Jason H
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 12:37:14 PM
Groups: Member

I need to split a multipage PDF into single pages (and rotate each page in a different direction) .

I see I can split with your code, but can I rotate from portrait to landscape in the code before saving as a new file?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 12:53:34 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You can "rotate the paper" by changing the page size (just modify the PdfPage's Size property), however you will not be able to rotate the text on an existing PDF page.

Rotating text usually involves recalculating the layout. For example, if you have 40 lines of text on a portrait page that may need to be re-formatted to 30 lines when the page is rotated to landscape because the lines are no longer and the page is shorter. If you use our HTML to PDF converter to do the layout, we can rotate the text for you easily:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/postst5933_EOpdf-html2pdf.aspx

But once outside of the HTML to PDF converter, we can't rotate the text since it has already left the layout engine.

If you do not need any layout adjustment but only need to do a whole page transform --- such as scaling/rotating/flipping, then we can add that for you. The feature is not there, but it can be implemented very easily. It will be something like pdfPage.Transform() or PdfPdfPage.Rotate() that you can call. Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks!
stephan
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 7:35:07 AM
Groups: Member

Submitted example to support-email.

Thanks