Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Expand Submenu Horizontal Options
Corobori
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:29:42 PM
Groups: Member

I tried playing around with the menu in order to have the submenu expand horizontally as shown below but couldn't get it working. In this sample what appears it in the 2nd line should expand horizontally, I tried to set the Expand direction to BottomRight but it didn't work as expected.

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 12:32:01 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

It has nothing to do with ExpandDirection. You should use MenuGroup.Orientation property. See here for an example:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Menu\_i0\_i5

Thanks
Corobori
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4:02:19 PM

That wasn't my smartest question, was it ? :-(

Anyway. I guess there is also a sample showing how to achieve what I want but where ? I set up the KeepExpandedOnClick=True hoping that when clicking the on the link it would keep the menu open with the style I choose for the Selected menu. I am missing something but what ?

Code:
<eo:Menu ID="Menu1"  runat="server"  Width="600px" ControlSkinID="Style1" KeepExpandedOnClick="True" SaveStateCrossPages="True">
<TopGroup Orientation="Horizontal" Style-CssText="border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;border-right-width:0px;border-top-width:0px;"><Items>
<eo:MenuItem Text-Html="Aurelys">
<SubMenu KeepExpandedOnClick="True" Orientation="Horizontal"><Items>
<eo:MenuItem Text-Html="Notre approche" NavigateUrl="Approche.aspx"></eo:MenuItem>
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4:15:28 PM

Hi,

KeepExpandedOnClick won't work when you use NavigateUrl --- in which case the browser switches to a totally new page --- even if the page has the same menu, it's a brand new menu.

Thanks
Corobori
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 4:49:58 PM

eo_support wrote:

KeepExpandedOnClick won't work when you use NavigateUrl --- in which case the browser switches to a totally new page --- even if the page has the same menu, it's a brand new menu.

So which option should I use instead of NavigateUrl to make KeepExpandedOnClick work ?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:33:50 PM

You can't as long as you want to use multiple pages. The real restriction is not NavigateUrl, the real restriction is that you are using multiple pages. Since it won't be easy for you to change that, so probably the best option for you is to forget about KeepExpandedOnClick. :)
Corobori
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:54:31 PM

Ok I'll give it a miss for this time.
Is there any sample showing the possible use of the KeepExpandedOnClick ?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:01:23 PM

Here you go:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Menu\_i1\_i0

The sample does not navigate to any other page, that is necessary for KeepExpandedOnClick works. So basically if you want to use KeepExpandedOnClick, your menu would be used for some other purpose other than page navigation. For example, people have been using it with Google map and adding a pin to the map is a great scenario where KeepExpandedOnClick would work perfectly.

Thanks