Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO Calendar - Date picker for birthday Options
quirtep
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:34:52 PM
Groups: Member

I would like to use the calendar as a date picker for a birthday field, but such a value would require that the user be able to select from a wide range of years/dates, and obviously scrolling with the left/right arrows could be tedious. Is there an example of the calendar with drop-downs for year and month that does not require postback?

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 2:20:06 PM
Groups: Administration

Yes. You can load the demo project, then go to Calendar -> Features -> Title and Footer Template. The online version of that demo is broken. But it should work fine if you download the latest build.
quirtep
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:54:40 AM

Cool. That worked great. The only issue I have now is that the Context menu has lots of years (1925 - 1995 is range). Even though the menu does not become visible until I click the little arrow next to the year in the calendar, it causes a horizontal scroll bar, at least in Firefox. The horizontal scroll disappears as soon as the context menu actually appears because at that point, it recognizes the "Height" property. I hope I am explaining this well...
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:02:11 AM
Groups: Administration

It might make more sense for you to break all the years into sub menus, for example, 1920s, 1930s, ... 1990s. Then have sub items in each sub menu.
quirtep
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:05:09 AM

Good idea. Thanks.