Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Calendar Data Saved... Options
Jerry Scannell
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:29:06 PM
Groups: Member

When the calendar is used as a editable scheduler, where does the data go when I "save" it so I can retrieve what was entered and save it to a SQL database?

Along the same lines, if I wish to pre-load saved content to the calendar, how do I go about doing that?

This is a tremendous tool and will be extremely helpful in the project I am working on.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:40:54 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

It doesn't go anywhere. The Calendar only provides a front end UI, so you will need to implement the code to "load" and "save" from/to your backend data source. Try to think Calendar the same as a simple TextBox. You can load data from your db and set the TextBox's Text property; or get the updated Text and then save it back to your db. The Calendar control works in a very similar way. The difference is a Scheduler can have many values instead of a single value.

You can take a look of the source code of the editable scheduler sample. That sample implemented "load" and "save" code from/to session variables. The mechanism is exactly the same, except that in a real word scenario it usually stores the value in a db instead of in session variables.

Thanks!
Jerry Scannell
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:08:38 AM

I assumed something like that. However, when I asked how to do it, it was after I already used the Editable Scheduler demo. It doesn't have any load and save code in it. If it had then I would have been able to modify it to handle db lookups and updates.

Is there another folder in the Samples/VB/Demos path that does the save and load you mentioned?

Thanks in advance,
jerry
Jerry Scannell
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:59:01 AM

I found where the load and save code is.

A new question, though.

When I enter my notes, I can seperate each line by hitting enter. When I edit the note the line break is rendered.

however, when the note is displayed on the calendar itself, the line break is missing.

What/how do you set styles such that the line breaks show in the calendar?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:49:48 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We consider the last question beyond the scope of our support. Imagine that you enter multiple lines of text through a regular TextBox control and then display it back. You will run into the same problem. So it really doesn't have anything to do with the Calendar. As such we won't be able to answer this question. Sorry about it!

Thanks!