Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

TabStrip Save State Options
Bill S.
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 8:15:46 AM
Groups: Member

I apologize in advance if this is a "n00b" question, I'm relatively new at the .NET game. With the Tabstrip, I have it saving state across pages, and it works pretty well. My question is regarding the second tier menu items. Say I have 2 tab items on the same strip, and under each tab, there are 3 sub items. I click one sub-tab item and go to a different page, it shows the both "strips" and the item I've selected has changed color to signify it's current location. Now then I click the second top tier tab item, it shows the sub items under there. I click one, I go to a different page. The tab subitem for that page is color changed to show that I've selected it. I click back to the first top tier tab, and the subtier tab that I selected first is still "greyed out" as if it's selected. Is there a way to control that between states so that only one subtier item can be "selected" at a time?

Thanks for your help.

Bill
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 9:54:50 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Bill,

SaveStateCrossPages will do that because sometimes it is desirable to have sub tab selected. In order to avoid that, consider set SaveStateCrossPages to false and AutoSelectSource to "NavigateUrl" or "NavigateUrlExact". That way the TabStrip will use the current page Url to match tab item's NavigateUrl, if a match is found, it will select that item. That way there will always be only one item selected.

Thanks
Bill S.
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 10:02:39 AM
Groups: Member

I will give that a shot. Thank you for your time!