Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Does EO PDF support xhtml to PDF? Options
protodicky
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 5:10:35 AM
Groups: Member

Hello ,

Our company is doing printing business, I am going to use web base system to present the artwork and
at the end convert to pdf file for our clients to download. I would create a xslt file for each layout.
At the run time this xslt will be mapped to xml base data to create xhtml to present to client.

What I want is to convert the xhtml to pdf. Does your product support this source (besides html and aspx)?

If so , does it support multiple language (including Arabia and Russian) to be display within same page even on the same line. Each language may use different font also.

Does it support embeded font? we will also create our own fonts that customers need not to install on their machine to read the pdfs.

Thanks for attention!.

Dicky LEE

eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 9:46:09 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

xhmtl is pretty much just well formatted html. So we can handle it fine. We do not handle aspx directly. ASPX is first processed by ASP.NET and renders either in html or xhtml. We will then process that.

We support multiple languages fine. The engine is in Unicode. So you can use any language.

We do not support embedded font. The font must be installed on the server.

Thanks!
protodicky
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 9:11:23 PM

thanx,

What do you mean by not support embedded fonts? What I want is only to installed the newly created fonts on web server
and the generated pdf should be displayed fine in clients machine (no font installed).

thanks
eo_support
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 9:22:27 PM

Hi,

Yes. We support that fine.

When we say "embedded font" (that doesn't appear to the right word given the obvious confusion it has caused), we meant if you use your custom font this way:

Code: CSS
@font-face { 
  font-family: "your_custom_font"; 
  src: url(http://www.somesite.com/fonts/somefont.ttf) format("truetype"); 
}

Code: HTML/ASPX
<p style="font-family:your_custom_font">
Text that uses your custom font...
</p>

Note when you use font this way, the font is not installed anywhere. While some browsers support this, this is not supported by our converter.

Thanks!

protodicky
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 11:50:50 AM

hi,

If I cannot use the code above , then how can i display the xhtml to my two hundred factories users (no need for them to install the font)
and on the other hand generate correct pdf for them? Or to say, I must change the code of xhtml before generate the pdf?

eo_support
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 3:46:05 PM

Hi,

When you use a font, you must install that font on your server. Then run our converter on your server. The converter will embed all font data in the result PDF file. You can then send those PDF file to anywhere, and it can be viewed by any PDF viewer even without the font installed on their system.

Thanks!