Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Progress bar Run Task doesn't allow me to perform a final action over the page Options
Mercedes
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:53:54 AM
Groups: Member

I am using the Progress bar control in a several pages to perform a time consuming process using the run task method.

The processes end OK and but although I include a final action (refresh the page totally or partially or close the window) in the run task method, this action is not performed.

When I try to redirect to other page (I get an error, because the page headers are already sent).

Could we tell how to refresh the page or close the window affer running the task?

Kind regards...Antonio
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:59:28 AM
Groups: Administration

You can not do anything else inside RunTask event handler except for calling UpdateProgress. UpdateProgress is capable of transfer an additional string to the client. You will then handle the client side ClientSideOnProgress event. Inside that event handler you can inspect this addtional string value and act accordingly.
Mercedes
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:53:57 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for your solution.

It works fine in almost all cases.

The only case I have problems is when a try to update an ajax panel in the same page (nothing happens).

Any clue?

Kind regards...Antonio
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:00:45 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

As stated in the previous post, you will not be able to do anything other than updating progress in RunTask event handler. So you will need to rely on other controls/events to work with your ajax panel, or whatever other solutions that relies on server event --- which would have nothing to do with the ProgressBar at all.

Thanks