Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Submenu icon problem ? Options
Aboozar
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:56:48 AM

Groups: Member

In Menu I have found that if I set an image for Right Icon property of _Default it will override assigned image for Submenu Icon. As a result you can not use Right Icon and Submenu Icon together.
What is your solution for that ?
Imagine having a curved image for right of my menu item that I have to place it in the Right Icon property and at the same time I want the submenu icon to be there as well. But it wont work out ?

Any idea ?

Regards,
Aboozar
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:11:09 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

RightIcon and SubMenuIcon can not appear at the same time. One way to implement both is to put RightIcon into the styles. You can set a background image on NormalStyle, HoverStyle, etc. You may want to set the background image repeating so that it can fits any menu item width. When you repeat the image, you would also want to set LeftIcon and Image so that only the area for the right icon sees through.

Thanks
Aboozar
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:13:57 PM

yes. you are right.
But the point is that if we have curved transparent corners for the left icon then if we set the background image for Normal style then the back ground will be shown under the transparent area.
So the item with curved transparent background having submenu icon can not be made by your menu.

Any idea on this ?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:43:59 AM

No. In that case you will have to give up sub menu icon. :)
Aboozar
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:17:37 AM

eo_support wrote:
No. In that case you will have to give up sub menu icon. :)

In this case I strongly recommend that you add two more features to the next version :
1- a property for Page Icon : Where the page icon will be shown independent from left icon.
2- a property for Submenu Icon : Where the submenu icon appears independent from right icon.

As a good result we are going to have Left Icon , Page Icon , Submenu Icon and Right Icon. Having this properties every style in the menu is possible.

I have also more ideas for the next version. If you think you need them or if I can be in any help , that will make me happy.

Best Regards,
Aboozar
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:25:44 AM

Hi Aboozar,

Your feedbacks are certainly very much appreciated! So please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestion.

On the other hand, we do need to balance between different requests. Different users have different ways of doing things. So it's a challenging task to satisfy them all --- in fact most of the time it's not possible at all. Another concern is adding more features also generally means slower performance, which is also something we want to avoid.

Having that said, we do want to hear what our clients think. The more input we have, the more likely we will have a better solution.

Thanks