Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Sharing context menu Options
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:50:19 AM
Groups: Member

Hi, just a quick question for you.... is there any way in which a context menu can be shared between different elements on a page?

I have a situation where I have 12 elements requiring the same context menu, 12 requiring a second context menu, and another 12 requiring a third context menu. Without the ability to share a menu between elements, I will need to create 36 menus for the page!

Another question I have is whether it is possible to trigger a context menu on a mouse over event. Setting ExpandOnClick property does not seem to have any effect?

Regards
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:04:38 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I'll leave the first question to yourself. You should be able to find the answer easily in the help file and samples.

Once you know the answer to the first one, you would be able to answer the second question. However it is rarely recommended or a good idea to trigger a context menu on mouse over event. To trigger a sub menu on mouse over is the standard behavior. You do not need to do anything special for that.

Thanks
Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:13:59 AM

I must admit that I am struggling to find the answer to my question in help files and samples. I can see how a context menu can be created and attached to an element using ContextControlID, but I cannot see how it could be attached to multiple elements.

Regarding my second question, I see that this behaviour should be modifiable using the ExpandOnClick property, but this seems to have no effect on a context menu
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:24:22 AM

Mike Wynn
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:48:50 AM

Thanks for that, and sorry for not looking hard enough. I have one final question on this issue... in the datagrid sample we invoke the context menu with a left mouse click. I can see how to change this to a hover invocation by using onMouseOver. Is there any way I can invoke the context menu with a right mouse click (other than using ContextControlID, which obviously limits my context menu to a single element)?
Regards
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:43:46 AM

Check here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=JSDoc.Public.Global.eo_ShowContextMenu.html

Note it won't work on Opera. Opera does not allow user to customize right click context menu.

Thanks