Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Input Blocker Dialog Box Options
Jason
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:38:40 PM
Groups: Member

I tried implementing the code directly out of the input blocker dialog box demo in my applicaiton and I noticed that it worked with two problems:

1) There is a long pause between hitting the submit button and the time the loading.gif picture is displayed.
2) The dialog box and picture are always displayed in the middle of the browser window no matter the offset.

Looking back at the demo that came as part of the EO install, it looks like #2 happens in the demo as well.

Thanks for your help,

Jason
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:41:58 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Jason,

I believe #2 is a bug and internally we have already fixed it. It should no longer be an issue with in our next release.

#1 might has to do with the amount of data you have in the page. For example, if you have a huge drop down list, it will take a long time for the dialog to show up. When a CallbackPanel does an AJAX callback, it:

1. Collects form input data;
2. Send the data to the server;
3. Wait for server to reply;
4. Apply the result returned by the server;

The dialog is only shown at step 3. Theoratically the code could show the dialog before step 1, but it won't make a difference because the browser usually won't display it when it is busy doing something else. So it will still wait till step 3 when the browser begins to wait for the server. If this is the case, the only way is to reduce the amount of data in your form. The most pratical way is to comment out block by block to see which part seems to drag down the most.

Thanks