Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Coupons Options
Phillip Zedalis
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:54:45 PM
Groups: Member

First let me say that I love your toolset. Especially the generous free upgrades and such. I was a little disappointed though that the coupons that we can generate have a minimum purchase amount so high... I understand why you do this, but I wish the rules were a little more flexible. My point being that although I can upgrade all my existing controls to 2007.2, I'd love to get my hands on your new maskededit control. Unfortunately, since its $10 cheaper than what I paid for the whole set, I am unable to use the coupon. I am not interested in paying the full price for the whole set (dont need the grid) when I already have free upgrades on 80% of it. Is it possible for me to lower the value of the coupon, or make some sort of arrangement to get a reduced price on the maskededit in exchange for my coupon?

Thanks again.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:27:09 PM
Groups: Administration

Yes. We can be flexible on that. The issue here is that you have a standard license, and the price that you see is for developer license because we no longer offer standard license. If you had a developer license, then minimum amount wouldn't have been an issue because the new version is always priced at least the same as the old version. In a way that guarantees the upgrade coupon can always be used. Also the price difference between the two wouldn't be as great as for your case.

The best we can do is to manually create another coupon code for you. We should be able to give you 60% off on the total price, which gives you a coupon value close to $90. That should be close to what you would be paying if the price for MaskedEdit was the same as your upgrade coupon's minimum amount.

If you are OK with that, please go ahead to create the coupon code and let us know, we will then adjust the coupon amount so that you can use it with the new order.
Phillip Zedalis
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:33:07 PM

Okay that would be fantastic! I just generated my coupon, thanks so much. Im really excited to try out the maskededit.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:14:12 PM

We've updated your coupon. You should be able to use it with MaskedEdit now. Please let us know if you have any more questions!
Phillip Zedalis
Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2007 11:46:44 PM

You were very kind with the coupon issue. I have a new problem, I really do need the developer license after all. =( I didnt realize how the redistribution rights were different.

So now the hard question, is there anything you can do to help me get discount on upgrading my two licenses to just one developer license?

I would really appreciate anything we can work out, perhaps return the masked edit and use the original coupon towards developer? I dunno, anything you can do would be great.

If not, I understand, thanks again and sorry for inconvenience.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2007 6:41:24 AM

Hi Phillip,

Developer License for the old version were different than redistribute license. But from 2007.2 we simplied our license structure and they are the same in 2007.2. As a result we only offer developer license now. Thus you have one "EO.Web Controls Suite 2007.1 Standard License" and "EO.Web MaskedEdit 2007.2 Developer License". Do you mean that you want to upgrade to "EO.Web Controls 2007.2 Developer License"? Let us know if that's the case. We should be able to work out something for you.

Thanks
Phillip Zedalis
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2007 7:41:56 AM

Yes,

I would like to convert both my 2007.1 Standard Controls Suite, and my 2007.2 Developer Masked Edit into one 2007.2 Developer Controls Suite.

Ideally, I would then just have one license I put into my global.asax, and then I can redistribute it legally.

Thanks for your help!