Many controls
Callbackpanel 1...
Callbackpanel 2...
Callback Panel3
UserControl B
many controls
many callback panels

The callbackpanel (123) in Usercontrol A all have the same group name

When callbackpanel 2 in UserControl A is fired it runs public methods on UserControl B to load new data onto the controls on UserControl B.

Events that fire the callbacks on UserControlB also work OK to independently load data, i.e populate a dropdown on selection from another dorpdown.

This was working happily, but now the behaviour of the callbacks has become erratic.

On some occasions the same action will fire the CallbackPanel3 on UserControl A and not acknowledge the Callbackpanels triggered on UserControl B.

If embedded Callback panels is not possible, why does this work sometimes within the same session.

Hope you can help.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:11:21 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

PThompson wrote:
On some occasions the same action will fire the CallbackPanel3 on UserControl A and not acknowledge the Callbackpanels triggered on UserControl B.

I'll see if I understand the problem correctly:

1. CallbackPanel X exists in UserControl B;
2. Control Y in UserControl B is set as a trigger of CallbackPanel X, so it supposes to trigger CallbackPanel X;
3. However sometimes Control Y does not trigger CallbackPanel X, it triggers CallbackPanel 3 instead;

Can you make a small sample app that demonstrates the problem so that we can see the problem here? It would be very helpful. I'll PM you with the email address to sent to.

Thanks
PThompson
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:47:55 AM
Groups: Member

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I'm happy to report I've found a soultion. The problem stems from setting the visble property of the embedded usercontrol to false before it's rendered. When the trigger on the parent control fires to load data in the child user control, the callbacks and their triggers did not exisit for some reason.

My solution was to set the style visibility to hidden instead. The perfomance is now consistent.

If I get an opportunity I will send a sample app.

Thanks again
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:54:12 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Thanks for the update. That does explain it. The CallbackPanel and trigger indeed has to exist in the page for it to function. While you have them in your .aspx, but if you set their visible to false, they wouldn't exist in the final rendered page, that is pretty much equivalent to not having them in the .aspx at all. Setting style.visibility to hidden is a perfect solution for this kind of problems.

Thanks