Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Display treeview inline on Firefox? Options
Dynamic Web
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2007 10:33:40 AM
Groups: Member

I am using the treeview in a <div> that is float left, with another div next to it on the right. When I insert even a blank treeview, the div on the right falls under the left div instead of beside it, in Firefox. Is there a property that can be set on the treeview to make it not do this?

Thanks,
Bobby
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2007 10:39:42 AM
Groups: Administration

Probably not. Different browsers are notoriously inconsistent when handling float, even with simple HTML elements, not to mention something as complicated as a TreeView. Your best hope could be using a table.
Dynamic Web
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2007 11:03:37 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, but I'm not quite ready to give up, as we have been building browser-safe applications using positioning and float for years now, and using tables for layout went out of style in 1999.

The reason I am having trouble resolving the issue is because it's buried in your code (incidentally, the EO menu does the same thing). Even when I view the source, the html elements that I can see are not causing the issue-- it's something inside the js-generated content. Our layout is working perfectly except that when we drop even a totally empty menu or tree into the left div, the problem occurs.

Can you tell me if there is a css style setting that applies to the tree block itself (not the internal items?).

Thanks,
Bobby
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2007 11:26:54 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Bobby,

I believe the outmost element of the TreeView has an ID that is the same of the TreeView's ClientID. You can either using JavaScript or CssClass of the TreeView property to apply styles on the root element. Everything else is subjected to change from release to release (even the outmost ID may change in future releases).

Let us know if you made any progress. We are aware of the float issue and concluded it's a browser issue a long time ago. But we might be wrong. Table on the other hand is much reliable, even though it's considered "out of fashion" by some developers.

Thanks