Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

MaskEdit for currency Options
sstoos
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:13:37 PM
Groups: Member

I have tried to create multiple segments for editing a dollar figure in the grid column however it didn't work out correctly. I created one segment that is a literal that shows the "$" then another segment that has a number with max of 999999. I then have another segment that has a literal of "."(the decimal). The last segement is a number segment with max of 99. But when I enter the first number in, it's left justified so it looks really strange. Then when I try to click on the last segment to enter the "cents", I have to exit the column completely and come back to it before I can enter the cents. So when I get done entering the payment amount it looks like "$90____.00". I need the ability to have the number to be rather large. is there any way to trim this down or fix how it shows to the user. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

-s
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:20:06 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a way to display it as $90.00 or $__90.00 in the current version. We will look into the mask segment type and hopefully can add a left-align/right-align format specifier, that should produce $__90.00.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:46:31 PM

Hi,

We have added decimal support to numeric segment (check your private messages for download location). So now you can use a single number segment instead of three segments to enter the amount. To use this feature, set the number segment's Decimals to a value greater than 0.

Thanks
sstoos
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:40:52 PM

Thanks so very much for your prompt action to this issue. Your customer support is excellent. Thanks again!

-s
sstoos
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 7:38:17 AM

I have added the control to my page and set the decimal to 2 and just set it to a number. When you leave the control, if the amount is 25.00, it displays it as 25. or if it's 25.50, the zero disappears. Any suggestions?

It would be great to have a mask created alreay for currency instead of having to create multiple segments

-s.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 7:54:23 AM

sstoos wrote:
I have added the control to my page and set the decimal to 2 and just set it to a number. When you leave the control, if the amount is 25.00, it displays it as 25. or if it's 25.50, the zero disappears. Any suggestions?

It would be great to have a mask created alreay for currency instead of having to create multiple segments

-s.

This appears to be an issue. We will address it in our next build. Thanks for letting us know!
sunsethill
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2008 3:42:02 PM

I'm looking forward to this as well as I require the ability to enter currency values up to two decimal places.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, January 1, 2008 3:55:43 PM

sunsethill wrote:
I require the ability to enter currency values up to two decimal places.

Isn't this already supported?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:01:11 AM

Hi sstoos and sunsethill,

We have post a new build that addressed the currency issues mentioned in this thread. Please see your private messages for download location.

Thanks