Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

TempFileLocation Options
Kim
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:16:22 PM
Groups: Member

My apologies if this topic has already been addresses. I've looked through the "documentation" that got installed on my computer and the online documentation, and I've tried searching the forums but haven't found my answer yet. I'm probably overlooking it.

I'm curious as to how the AJAXUploader "TempFileLocation" folder clears itself out, if at all. For example, I know the file is streamed to that location and after posting back I can get the PostedFiles and copy them, move them, etc. In my case I'm actually open them in a FileStream and saving them to a database. Do I also need to DELETE the file from the "TempFileLocation" folder as well... I thought I read (might have imagined it) that that folder automatically purged itself every so often but I can't recall.

If I have to DELETE the files myself, I suppose I really only need to delete the .data file... Or should I be concerned with the .info and .status files also? I know size wise they aren't going to be an issue sitting around, but I didn't know if there were any other problems to consider.

Thanks in advance.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:29:31 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Matt,

Don't worry about those files. They will be automatically deleted by the uploader. The uploader deletes those file when it sees that nobody accessing the files after a certain period of time (should be 30 minutes). Usually you would like to keep the .data file, so you will move them away before the sweeper kicks in. You would never care about the .status or .info file since they are of no use to you.

Thanks
Kim
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:25:15 PM

Thanks so much!
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 9:49:49 AM

These files are not being removed automatically for me. Are there any pre-requisites? Do I have to delete them manually myself? I am using 2007.2.

Please provide any methods which need to be called, or properties which need to be set. Also I am using Windows Vista and IIS7 if that makes a differene.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2008 11:30:58 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi David,

They will be removed. We have had many users asking the same questions before and eventually they are always removed. :) There are various factors that can hold the files. One common situation is, when you have the project open in Visual Studio, Visual Studio would scan the directory and "touch" those files. The files won't be removed if they have been recently "touched". So a lot of times you will these files stuck there on your development machines. But eventually they will be removed.

Thanks