Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Callback Panel in user control conflict Options
bottomline
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:30:56 PM
Groups: Member

Here's my situation:

1. UserControl contains dropdownlist and callback panel triggered by it.
2. UserControl's callback panel includes a 2nd dropdownlist which populates during the trigger event.
3. Main page includes a callback panel triggered by the dropdownlist in #2. However, based on what I've seen in the forums, I have to set the trigger to the entire UserControl, as it can't see the individual controls within.

Problem is - since the latter Callback Panel triggers off the entire UserControl, it's intercepting the event in #1 and the #2 callback panel never gets triggered.

Is there a way I can make the panel on the main page only trigger off a particular event (raised by the UserControl) instead of the UserControl as a whole?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:59:05 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Add a third CallbackPanel control into the UserControl and:

1. Set it to be triggered by dropdownlist #2;
2. Set this CallbackPanel control and the CallbackPanel control in your main page's GroupName to the same value;
3. Clear the CallbackPanel control in your main page's trigger;

This way when the third CallbackPanel is triggered by dropdownlist #2, the one in your main page will also be triggered because they have the same GroupName.

Thanks
bottomline
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 11:35:02 AM
Groups: Member

Cool, hadn't thought about using GroupNames. I have some other complications that will prevent this solution from working exactly, but this was a satisfactory answer for solving the main problem.

Thanks!