Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

License warning won't disappear from project Options
sstoos
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:23:55 AM
Groups: Member

I have purchased a EO.Web Controls Suite (2007.2) - 1 Developer(s) license and when I upload my files from my development machine to the live server I still get a message at the top of the page that says: Menu Menu1 requires a license. You can purchase a license from http://www.essentialobjects.com/Order.aspx. Please refresh the page to continue. More on license. Why won't this disappear? I have updated my global.ascx page and also copied the licx file into the bin directory. Please help! I need this asap.

Thanks!
-s
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:30:07 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This often occurs when the version of your license and the version of the controls you use do not match. Please check the version of EO.Web.dll in your bin directory. If you see a version number 4.0.x.x, then you are running 2007.1, in that case you can simply replace it with 2007.2 (which has a version number of 5.0.x.x) and that should get rid of the license warning message.

Thanks
h0lly
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 4:59:17 AM
Groups: Member

I'm having a similar problem. Do I need to download and install the new version or is there a link to just download the dll?

The reason I ask is that the installation requires the previous version to be removed before installation so I want to be sure before I do this.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 5:06:06 AM
Groups: Administration

h0lly wrote:
I'm having a similar problem. Do I need to download and install the new version or is there a link to just download the dll?

The reason I ask is that the installation requires the previous version to be removed before installation so I want to be sure before I do this.

You do need to uninstall the previous version. Just downloading the DLL will allow you to run the project, but will mess up all the design time supports because there are other files that must match the DLL in order to provide design time support. Thus it is always recommended to use the installer to put the new version on a development machine.