Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Assigning a container to a tab Options
Jason
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2008 3:18:45 PM
Groups: Member

In the past I have assigned a tabstrip a multipage and made my pageviews match the order of my tabs. Now in order to reduce the size of my ASPX file and viewstate, I have taken a couple of the pageviews out of the loop. When the corresponding tab is selected it now generates a postback and is transfer (using server.transfer) to a seperate page. The problem is that my there are now gaps in multipage.

Is there a way to directly assign a container to tab? I tried setting the CustomItemID, but it limits the width of my corresponding page to the width of the tab.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2008 3:33:47 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Jason,

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "there are now gaps". If you meant gaps on the screen between different UI elements, then it has nothing to do with the way you load them. As with almost any UI elements, how you put them together doesn't really matter too much, what matters is what you have put together. Thus I would recommend you to check styles on both the tabstrip and multi-page control, and try starting from a blank page if necessary. Whether able to assigning a container to a tab is irrelevant under this context.

Thanks
Jason
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:41:35 AM
Groups: Member

I was concerned that since a I had tab1 - tab2 - tab3 and on a given page and only the tab3 would be populated and tab1 and tab2 would postback to seperate pages and that since the tabs relation to a pageview was only by order and not declarative that I wouldn't be able to get the association right. I must have been running out of steam yesterday because it wasn't until after I posted the question that I realized that I could just put in blank placeholder pageviews for tab1 and tab2.

Jason