Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Safari and Opera don't display Menu correctly Options
DLev
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2008 8:58:42 AM
Groups: Member

Hi. I just purchased the Essential Objects Controls Suite. On Safari and Opera (Windows XP) the menus don't drop down in the right places, sometimes going all the way across the screen. (Works great on IE 6 and latest Firefox.) I have not tested on a Mac yet but I'm concerned. I realize that these browsers are a small percentage but I need compatibility, especially if a viewer is browsing our site on a Mac. Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2008 9:59:55 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This does appear to be a problem. We are looking into it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
DLev
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2008 2:21:03 PM
Groups: Member

I really like this suite but if we use it across all browsers, I don't think I can use it. Please let me know when you have a solution. Thank you very much.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2008 2:39:58 PM

Hi,

We have already looked into the issue and have identified a few Opera and Safari for Windows bugs. As for now it appears that we can work around most of them, except for some times on Safari for Windows it's off a few pixels (going all the way across screen is no longer an issue). Considering Safari for Windows is still in Beta, we are keen to wait until the final release is out to see what we can do. With that issue open, we should be able to give you an update build either today or tomorrow.

We have verified that the problem does not occur with Safari on Mac.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:57:58 PM

Hi,

We have posted a new build and sent you a private message about the download location. The new build has been tested with our sample pages. Please take a look and let us know how it goes!

Thanks