Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

error and how can i add menu items to the menu Options
skat
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:07:22 AM
Groups: Member

hi,
i am trying to use the menu Office2003_XPStyle. i am able to drag the menu onto the webpage, however when i go to view it in a web broswer i get the following error, does anyone kow how i can solve this problem?

also, i would like to add my own menu items, for example, a file --> open, save with functionality to them, is this possible? if so are there any examples anyone can pass on for me to look at.

below is the error i get

thanks

Server Error in '/WebApplication5' Application.

This version of EO.Web.dll is built for ASP.NET 1.1. Please use the .NET 2.0 build to run on ASP.NET 2.0.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: This version of EO.Web.dll is built for ASP.NET 1.1. Please use the .NET 2.0 build to run on ASP.NET 2.0.

Source Error:

Line 12: <body MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout">
Line 13: <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
Line 14: <eo:Menu id="Menu1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 120px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 96px" runat="server"
Line 15: Width="200px" ControlSkinID="None" CheckIconUrl="OfficeCheckIcon2">
Line 16: <LookItems>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication5\WebForm1.aspx Line: 14

Stack Trace:

[Exception: This version of EO.Web.dll is built for ASP.NET 1.1. Please use the .NET 2.0 build to run on ASP.NET 2.0.]
EO.Web.WebControlBase..ctor(HtmlTextWriterTag tag, Type implType) +98
EO.Web.BaseNavigator..ctor() +53
EO.Web.Menu..ctor() +11
ASP.webform1_aspx.__BuildControlMenu1() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication5\WebForm1.aspx:14
ASP.webform1_aspx.__BuildControlForm1() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication5\WebForm1.aspx:13
ASP.webform1_aspx.__BuildControlTree(webform1_aspx __ctrl) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication5\WebForm1.aspx:1
ASP.webform1_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() +69
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +40
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.webform1_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +29
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:20:25 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Of course you will be able to customize the menu items! Otherwise what's the use of it! Please go over the help file for detailed step by step information about how to customize the menu. Our controls are on the high end and offers a lot of features, so do expect to spend some time in order to get familiar with all the features.

The cause of your error is exactly as it says: You are running ASP.NET 1.1 and your server is running ASP.NET 2.0. We shipp two EO.Web.dlls, one is for 1.1 and the other is for 2.0. You must use the correct one.

Thanks
skat
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 10:30:24 AM

hi,

how do i choose the correct one? can you please let me know where the version for 2.0 is?
also, can i create new menu items and add functionality without having to purchase a license?

thanks for your time and effort, i am a novice user
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 10:45:47 AM

Hi,

You can create new items without purchasing a license, but there are restrictions:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=101

Go to our installation folder and you will see a Net11 and Net20 folder. Files in Net11 are for .NET 1.1, files in Net20 are for .NET 2.0. Keep in mind that's just for your information, not the solution. The solution is to make sure your project's .NET version, our DLL version and your server's .NET version match. So you may change your server's .NET version, or change your project's .NET version, or switch to a different EO.Web.dll.

Thanks
skat
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:30:04 PM

do you know how i can switch to the 2.0 version from the 1.0 version of your EO.WEB.dll because when it was installing it automatically used the 1.0 version. i have tried to do it in customise toolbox tools but it would not let. can you please suggest a way for me to do so

thank you
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 4:55:44 PM

You don't. You switch your Visual Studio. You must be using Visual Studio 2003 and it always uses .NET 1.1. That's why I was telling you knowing we having two DLLs is not the solution ---- it's just a piece of information that helps you to decide what you need to do. In your case you can either switch to Visual Studio 2005, which uses .NET 2.0; or switch your server back to ASP.NET 1.1.
skat
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:56:59 AM

will it work with .net 3.5 the new version?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:07:24 AM

skat wrote:
will it work with .net 3.5 the new version?

Visual Studio 2005 works with .NET 2.0. Visual Studio 2008 works with .NET 3.5. Our controls works with .NET 1.1, .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5.
skat
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:53:44 AM

thanks for your help, its works now