Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Support for .Net Client Profile Options
Zetadisplay Norway AS
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:43:43 AM
Groups: Member

Ant plans to factor out design support in separate assemblies? Can't deploy your components to .Net Client Profile since your components reference System.Design.dll. I've seen other vendors putting this reference in other dll's so that the core components doesn't need the full framework.

I know this is only a problem for 3.5 and 4.0 Frameworks, as with 4.5 and above there is no Client Framework. But still many of our customers are running on 4.0 Client Framework, so we currently need to address this...
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 9:12:12 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Which product do you use? We should be able to remove reference to System.Design for EO.Pdf, EO.WebBrowser and EO.Wpf, but not EO.Web.

Thanks!
Zetadisplay Norway AS
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:50:57 PM
Groups: Member

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm using EO.WebBrowser. I'm evaluating it now, and will buy a licence since it seems to work very well, and is updated frequently:-)

I have started to log what framework type our users with .Net4 are using, and it seems most actually have the full framework. So I have re-targeted our product (a click-once deployed application) to require the full .Net4 framework. It seems this is a viable solution, since not so many will need to upgrade.

But I'm guessing this might also be a problem for other customers, so it would be nice to be able to target the client framework. The problem is corporate managed machines where the users cannot upgrade themselves...
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 1:32:19 PM

Yes. We understand that. I believe we can target remove System.Design from EO.WebBrowser. We will reply again once we have a new build with that reference removed.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2015 8:40:42 PM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that removed the reference to System.Design.dll. You can download the new build from our download page.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2015 8:43:24 PM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that removed the reference to System.Design.dll. You can download the new build from our download page.

Thanks!