Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Menu preview not working Options
Nick
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:57:19 PM
Groups: Member

The menu preview stopped working. Any ideas on what happened?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:08:32 PM
Groups: Administration

Not a clue until you provide detailed information about how it stopped working....
Nick
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:19:24 PM

It hasn't worked for sometime I thought. But just after I wrote the last message I noticed that when I moved the cursor over the preview area the 1st submenu text appeared on the right hand of the area. No buttons and the text was sort of a gray 3d type. When I moved the cursor up across the text the next submenu writes on top of exisiting text. The main menu body is no where to be seen. No images
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:28:41 PM

Hi,

Please try two things:

1. Try to move the menu into a blank page and see if it works. This will tell whether it has to do with your page contents;
2. Go to Template tab in Menu Builder and see if preview for the built-in templates works. This will tell whether it has to do with your menu;

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks
Nick
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:46:51 PM

I moved the menu to another page and it appears to be the menu. However I started from scratch (empty) menu and put in the text for one button and a background image. In the preview the text showed up in the correct place, but the background image didn't. But when I ran the menu the image showed up with the text. I've used this before and the image always showed up in the preview. I could look at the shadow and other effects. I'm making all the changes to the _default look.
Nick
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:55:10 PM

i just started another with a premade menu. When I put an image as background it has no image or color.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:06:35 PM

It's normal that you don't see the background image when you use external images. The menu builder has no idea of where those images are. Just ignore it and run the page to see the result.
Nick
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:13:20 PM

Well that's what I've been doing lately but I remember before you could see the image in the preview area. I give the menu builder the path so it does know where it is, just doesn't display it any more....
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:21:46 PM

Nick wrote:
Well that's what I've been doing lately but I remember before you could see the image in the preview area. I give the menu builder the path so it does know where it is, just doesn't display it any more....

It will work if you have provided the path correctly. That part hasn't been changed for a long time. The only reason that it doesn't show you the image is it can not find it.
Nick
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:37:53 PM

That was it. I just let it default to ~/images/filename. I just took out the tilde...