Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

DatePicker control Options
Venkat
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 2:54:20 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug in DatePicker control, but if you could verify it would be great.

You have provided a property called "DisableTextBox". I guess if we set this property to true, users cannot manually type in the date but instead choose a date by clicking. Is my understanding correct ? Or is there any other option to restrict users from typing the date ?

Follow these steps.
Set the DisableTextBox property to true, so that User cannot enter the dates but can only select by clicking
1. On load set the date to 31/01/2007. I used (dd/mm/yyyy format), but format does not matter.
2. Now through your code (say on some button click) set the date to 01/02/2008 (dd/mm/yyyy) as the selecteddate.

Now after setting the new date, if u notice, the Date Picker is not showing Feb 1 2008 as selected date.
I am getting null as the value, when i debug the code.

Please try the above by setting DisableTextBox property to false and see the difference.

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 3:42:40 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Venkat,

#2 appears to be a bug. We are looking into it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

#1 works fine in our latest version. Can you try the latest version, and post your code if the problem persists?

Thanks
Venkat
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:37:19 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,
Thanks for acknowledging. Any time line on when we can have the fix for this issue ?

Rest everything works fine.

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 7:44:19 AM
Groups: Administration

We have verified #2 with our latest build (2007.2.25) and it works fine. Can you post some sample code that demonstrates the problem (Do not post code that we can not run here. We will need to run it to see the problem)?