Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

The method connected to a progressbar's RunTask needs to manipulate controls Options
Patrik
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:25:39 AM
Groups: Member

The method I have connected as a RunTask for my progressbar manipulates controls on the page. It add strings to a asp:literal. The literal is placed within a div that has visibillty set to false. At the end of the method I set the visibillity to true so that the user can review the result of the task.

The problem is that the client side is not updated. I do not understand how the progressbar works but i guess it use some partial postback functionality. How can I make sure my div also get updated?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:48:14 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Patrik,

RunTask is a very special server side event. Unlike regular event which occurs on a client side post back -> server side -> client side reload cycle, RunTask and its client side runs simultaneously and there is neither post back nor client side reload for that event. For that reason, there is no effect to change anything in your page except for calling e.UpdateStatus.

e.UpdateStatus accepts a second argument that you can pass arbitary data to the client side. With that and ClientSideOnValueChanged together you can program some logic to update some UI elements with JavaScript --- or trigger another post back to run some server side code to perform the update.

Thanks