Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Grid - excluding columns from keyboard navigation? Options
diego
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:21:52 AM
Groups: Member

I pointed out in the support forum 2 issues I was having few days with the EO.Grid web control. The first one was quickly solved with a new build. Unfortunately the second one was not a behaviour still contemplated and there was no way to achieve the result I was expecting.

Here you can find the conversation I'm talking about

The feature I'd like to have on the Grid control, it's the possibility to declare some specific columns as "navigable=true/false" (or something like that) to describe a sequence of navigability while in keyboard navigation mode (the attribute would be =true by default). Well actually not a real sequence.. because the order would remain unchanged, but at least the possibility to totally exclude a column from the keyboard navigation so that readonly fields would not even be considered. This may be the easiest approach to achieve the result. But I would agree even with more complex strategies like clientside events to control the cursor landing on the cell and clientside actions to redirect the cursor elsewhere.

I don't expect this feature to be really implemented, but since I already talked about it in the support forum and there is a specific section for this kind of request, I thought it was fair enough to give it a try.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:02:25 AM
Groups: Administration

Thank you very much for your feedback. This is actually a very good suggestion. We will see if we can add it.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:40:14 PM

Hi,

We have added this feature:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/1/eo.web.gridcolumn.enablekeyboardnavigation.aspx

You can download the new build from our download page.

Thanks!
diego
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 5:28:00 AM
Groups: Member

I apologize I forgot to reply before.. of course I'm happy to get this feature done. I immediately used this option as soon as it was released.
Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2014 9:49:21 AM

Great. Glad to hear that it helps you!