Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.Web Controls License troubleshooting Options
CPM
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:12:24 AM
Groups: Member

CPM wrote:
Thanks for your response and for clarifying how the license works within a specific domain. The problem I have now is that although my dev and test servers were two levels down under the domain, my production server is just prodserver.abc-int.com, one level down, and yet I still get the prompt. Is there anything else I can try?

Could you tell me what property within ASP your controls access to validate the domain? I would like to be able to echo that out, just to check that the comparison it's doing is correct.

Many thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:51:56 AM
Groups: Administration

CPM wrote:
Is there anything else I can try?

Hi,

No. There is nothing else. The original post should cover all scenarios. So please double check all the items in the original post. We have had numerous users asking us what else to check over the year and in the end it's always one of those.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2014 10:04:16 AM

CPM wrote:

Could you tell me what property within ASP your controls access to validate the domain? I would like to be able to echo that out, just to check that the comparison it's doing is correct.

Many thanks

Hi,

We use Request.Url.Host.

Thanks!
Darren Evans
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 6:45:42 AM

Hi, I promise you, I have been through all four steps mentioned at the start of this topic.

1. The license file is in the bin directory. As you can see form this (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4k3j_73r6rCR2dyYU1hTUpfSjA&authuser=0) image, File.Exists(Server.MapPath("~/bin/eo_web.licx")) returns 'true'.

2. I have given the group 'Everyone' full control over the directory containing the website.

3. My license file contains the follow version information:
<allow>
<add type="EO.Web" version="12.0" host="*.CPM-INT.COM" />
</allow>
<orderInfo date="10/17/2014" version="12" />

As you can see in this (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4k3j_73r6rCTGk1NE9JdWhQTzg/view) image, the version of EO.Web is 12.0.10.2.

4. As you can see from the first image (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4k3j_73r6rCR2dyYU1hTUpfSjA&authuser=0) image again, the license is restricted to "*.CPM-INT.COM" and the current host is trfclientportaldev.cpm-int.com. I believe you state that case sensitivity is not important, so this should work.

The only thing I can think could be wrong is that the "*." is unnecessary on our license and that it should read simply "cpm-int.com". So my host name would have to be trfclientportaldev.*.cpm-int.com, in order for the license to validate, which of course, would be nonsense.

Can you tell me if this is the case or if I have missed something in the 4 step trouble-shooting process?

Many thanks
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 9:18:36 AM

Hi Darren,

The host you set in the license file is wrong. It must be "CPM-INT.COM", not "*.CPM-INT.COM". We have corrected this for you. So please revisit your license key page and download the updated license file. If you check the host entry in the file you should see that it has been updated to "CPM-INT.COM". Use the new license file should correct the problem for you.

Thanks!
Darren Evans
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 9:49:47 AM

Thanks, that worked a treat.

Perhaps you could put some validation on the field where you specify the host name for a license, so it doesn't accept wildcard characters? Might prevent a few headaches.

Thanks again, I appreciate your patience an understanding.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 19, 2014 10:12:11 AM

Darren Evans wrote:
Thanks, that worked a treat.

Perhaps you could put some validation on the field where you specify the host name for a license, so it doesn't accept wildcard characters? Might prevent a few headaches.

Thanks again, I appreciate your patience an understanding.

Great suggestions. Thank you very much for your feedback. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else.

Thanks!